What do you think about Unjaded Jade and studytubers?

Watch
username5446306
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does anyone here watch unjaded jade on youtube? What do u think abt 'studytubers' in general?
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good for when you need motivation if the content motivates you.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't really watch her tbh, its not that I don't like her, when I watch her she seems lovely, but I don't really relate.
Studytubers in general I do prefer Jack Edwards Eve Bennet plus someone else whose name i can't remember...
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i watch her, i like her content and find it p interesting
username4793362
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unjaded Jade carries my AS Biology Grade lol
Blue_skies124
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I used to like watching her but now for some reason, I’m not as much of a fan
Maybe because I can’t relate to her but I don’t know
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fionaanddonkey)
does anyone here watch unjaded jade on youtube? What do u think abt 'studytubers' in general?
Saw her stuff a while back, found her style very irritating, then again I found that with all of them. All seem to present an attitude that you have to move a mountain just to get 60%.
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I watched her for a bit and then stopped also watched others such as ruby and ibz mo and eve cornwell tho I prefer Isla Brewer
Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She's become annoying. I find her patronising and stuck up. She pretends she's an expert in everything. Those videos she made on BLM were so cringe and the sources she said to look at were so narrow. She's privileged and generally unrelatable because she pretends to be like everyone else. Her dad is in a pyramid scheme and she's never experienced any of this things she preaches about.

She's hasn't gotten over her Oxford rejection. She goes to extreme lengths to make out how wonderful Minerva is.

Read her tattle thread.
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She’s good but I prefer Ali Abdaal and Ruby Granger.
Last edited by SmartUnicorn; 1 month ago
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
She's become annoying. I find her patronising and stuck up. She pretends she's an expert in everything. Those videos she made on BLM were so cringe and the sources she said to look at were so narrow. She's privileged and generally unrelatable because she pretends to be like everyone else. Her dad is in a pyramid scheme and she's never experienced any of this things she preaches about.

She's hasn't gotten over her Oxford rejection. She goes to extreme lengths to make out how wonderful Minerva is.

Read her tattle thread.
yeh I saw the tattle life thread as well
username4793362
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
She’s good but I prefer Ali Abdaal and Ruby Granger.
Ali abdaal >>>>>>>>>
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tracheostenosis)
Ali abdaal >>>>>>>>>
yeh but he wants to work part time in medicine...
shak101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She is cringe. Every time I saw one of her videos at school I felt like going home, taking my shotgun, putting it in my mouth and pulling the trigger.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A post about uni vlogs/studytubers. Most of them are BS.

They tend to present this image of work morning noon & night 24/7 and everyone is 6 minutes from a nervous breakdown.

2020 aside, uni is nothing like this. Work comes in waves, you have weeks doing very little, very hungover, attempting to make it to a 9am lecture whilst you zone out the whole time. & you have other weeks where you have all nighters and you do have to smash work out, but you sit with your course mates and find a way.
Ultimately exam windows are just revision but term has ups & downs workload wise. These people just keep re-posting drivel so they can get views of people eager to learn what uni is like, when in reality you just have to go through it find out.
username4793362
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
yeh but he wants to work part time in medicine...
Either way, he motivated me during AS levels, which lead me to getting good grades, I don’t think i would have if he didn’t teach me some revision techniques
AstaYunoo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She's just a person expressing her opinions and uses her voice to do good if anything. Her work ethic is admirable and regardless of oxbridge rejection, she is living her best life. We're to judgemental considering there's alot of pressure on her in solely being a study tuber so her branching out and doing other stuff shouldn't worry you guys too much

Of course I haven't seen her content in ages but her advice for gcse's/alevels are great. Kharma Medic and Anas Nuur Ali have been my go to study tubers.
username4793362
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AstaYunoo)
She's just a person expressing her opinions and uses her voice to do good if anything. Her work ethic is admirable and regardless of oxbridge rejection, she is living her best life. We're to judgemental considering there's alot of pressure on her in solely being a study tuber so her branching out and doing other stuff shouldn't worry you guys too much

Of course I haven't seen her content in ages but her advice for gcse's/alevels are great. Kharma Medic and Anas Nuur Ali have been my go to study tubers.
Same, Anas ali too, not so much Kharma medic though, his voice irritates me😂
“WeLcOmE BacK to AnoThEr DoSe”😂😂😂
Blue_skies124
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think ibz mo is one of my favourites. I genuinely relate to him but he always pushes everyone to watch the adverts which can get a bit annoying
I’m not a fan of Eve, she comes across a bit patronising and always mentions how she goes out to justify the amount of work she does
And unjaded jade, I’m just not a fan of anymore. I can’t relate to her and everything she does seems to be perfect. It’s difficult to explain.
I like Ali Abdaal because he gives a lot of advice that many underprivileged people would never get from anyone but I never know how he’s able to do so much productively all the time
Khama medics really helpful too
AstaYunoo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tracheostenosis)
Same, Anas ali too, not so much Kharma medic though, his voice irritates me😂
“WeLcOmE BacK to AnoThEr DoSe”😂😂😂
Actually got addicted to it :rofl2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (709)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (893)
42.75%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.45%

Watched Threads