vs17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently doing research for my epq and I'm not sure if primary research is beneficial to my question.environment and sustainability when designing a building?'.
I was thinking of doing a questionnaire or interview, not sure if it has to be a professional or if it can be anyone.
Any answers would be helpful.
Last edited by vs17; 1 month ago
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
emma543
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vs17)
I'm currently doing research for my epq and I'm not sure if primary research is beneficial to my question.environment and sustainability when designing a building?'.
I was thinking of doing a questionnaire or interview, not sure if it has to be a professional or if it can be anyone.
Any answers would be helpful.
I did a range of primary research for mine- I surveyed my friends and conducted a couple of interviews with them, but the most useful thing for my project was when I interviewed a professional as I had loads of questions about why a study had found X and they then used their expertise to hypothesized some potential reasons, which I could then quote So for your project, I think the most beneficial thing would be interviewing a professional.
timleebcu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not sure the extent of time and space in an EPQ, but you could explore existing data sets, we have Energy Performance Certificates (for most buildings) we have BREEAM (mostly for high end new commercial buildings). I think having a look into those could help, you could then perhaps consider what drives a developer to seek high sustainability standards, what about the end users (buyers, renters, day to day users) - is it important to them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads