How many days without sleep? Watch

This discussion is closed.
MRLX69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
What is the most amount of days you've been without sleep and why?

Mine is 4 days. Bloody Biology coursework, so F**King long! Got top marks though!

Does does anyone know any facts like - if you stay awake for x amount of days you go mad, etc......
TheLameMonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just over 3 days, but I do 2 days quite regularly.

Its good for you
enigmatic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MRLX69)

Mine is 4 days. Bloody Biology coursework, so F**King long! Got top marks though!

Does does anyone know any facts like - if you stay awake for x amount of days you go mad, etc......
There was that reality tv show on Channel 4 earlier this year in January called 'Shattered'. I think they had to stay awake for about 5 days and one of them went crazy
joesharp
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Two and a half days after returning home from holiday in Mexico 4 years ago, because I couldn't sleep on the plane.

I think that you start hallucinating after 5 days without sleep, might be wrong though.
MRLX69
Rep:
?
(Original post by enigmatic)
There was that reality tv show on Channel 4 earlier this year in January called 'Shattered'. I think they had to stay awake for about 5 days and one of them went crazy
wow.... i better becareful me and my four days :rolleyes:
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
none?
MRLX69
Rep:
?
(Original post by joesharp)
Two and a half days after returning home from holiday in Mexico 4 years ago, because I couldn't sleep on the plane.

I think that you start hallucinating after 5 days without sleep, might be wrong though.
Cool
eurasianfeline
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
2 days...that was to rush through and finish my drama coursework. It was really bad cos it was during SARS and schools had to be closed for quarantine...and we still had to finish them (with no help / quidelines) at home and submit them in on time. quite a lot of drama people were online all night on msn like me cos we were trying to get it done. it was hell. my eyebags were huge enough to break the guiness record.
MRLX69
Rep:
?
(Original post by gossip_girl)
none?
How do you do it? Have you entered A level stage yet?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
maybe 1 day.
had to drive to france when i shouldve been sleeping.

i dont understand how people stay up to work. until uni i never worked past 9pm. i only do now because.. well.. i dont know why
eurasianfeline
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
none?
lucky you.

you obviously never took drama or art. (?!) :rolleyes:
MRLX69
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dero)
just over 3 days, but I do 2 days quite regularly.

Its good for you
I'm pretty sure it's not good for you.... :confused:
eurasianfeline
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm pretty sure it's not good for you.... :confused:
sometimes we don't get a choice
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not a single day,one day I stayed awak till 4 am and though I slept in the after noone for an hour or two anyway I staied till 4 am and was doomed after that,I just rest my head on the floor for a second and aam I went to sleep,mom woke me up 5 minutes or 10 after that but I skiped school that day apperently couldn't d o it,and why A level makes you stay up for days,you dont need that just wake up early and start studying before a head
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How do you do it? Have you entered A level stage yet?
no...............but i think i will have a few slepless night soon as i havent done any c/w for my gcse's
eurasianfeline
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no...............but i think i will have a few slepless night soon as i havent done any c/w for my gcse's
you will HATE courseworks trust me.

if u take drama / art / geo...your year 11 will be very "exciting". Drama and Geo trained me to become adapt to lack of sleep during my Alevels haha.
joesharp
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
Yes, someone had a hallucination on that. They didn't actually stay awake for the whole week though, they had 2 hours sleep each day.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I never had to stay awake for academic reasons because I always start my coursework / essays / assignments with enough time to avoid doing that!! lol.

The most I have stayed awake was 3 days but that was for another reason although that I won't go into here hehe.
eurasianfeline
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
I never had to stay awake for academic reasons because I always start my coursework / essays / assignments with enough time to avoid doing that!! lol.

The most I have stayed awake was 3 days but that was for another reason although that I won't go into here hehe.
haha you must have a lot of self-control.

i procrastinate a lot so :rolleyes:
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

5 days The first day I had stayed up to do coursework, then just couldn't sleep for another four days I wouldn't recommend it :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (144)
45.57%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.43%

Watched Threads