Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It is now the 22nd of October, and I am yet to receive an Acknowledgement Email from LSE regarding my application to study Economics there. From what I've seen on TSR/ heard from other applicants for the same course at my school, people received their Acknowledgement Emails from LSE around the 14th Oct. However, for most of them, the Email ended up in the 'Spam' Folder of their Gmail accounts.

This has me worried as, I feel like I might have accidentally deleted the Acknowledgement Email. I remember checking my 'Spam' Folder on the 16th, and finding multiple Emails from another university (including an Acknowledgement Email, steps to sign up for their student portal, etc.). I swiftly transferred these emails to my inbox, and then absentmindedly cleared my 'Spam' Folder. I have been waiting for an Acknowledgment Email from LSE ever since; however, I recently realised that if everyone got theirs around the 14th, I most likely got mine on that date as well - and the Email probably ended up in 'Spam' like it had for everyone else. Thus, as I was distracted by the Emails from the other university, I might not have seen the email and deleted it accidentally when I cleared my 'Spam' Folder. I know that the contents of Acknowledgment Emails don't really matter (apart from Unique Learner Numbers or whatever it's called).. But, I'm now worried as I don't know whether I accidentally deleted the Email - or whether I simply did not receive it at all.

I spoke to my UCAS Referee and he said that if I accidentally deleted it, then no big deal as they aren't too important.
However, he said that it might be a cause for concern if I just didn't receive an Email at all. He checked my status on UCAS for LSE, and it said pending decision.

So my question is: Assuming I hadn't actually accidentally deleted the Email & rather just never received one, does that mean that LSE has received my application/ will be considering it although I never got sent an Acknowledgment Email? Is there any way to find out if I actually got sent an Email or not?

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! x
Sarvienn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you have waited more than 2 weeks, from your application date and still have not received an email of acknowledgement, please call them and check with them. They'll be more than happy to confirm with you whether or not an email has been sent. If it has been less than 2 weeks, then it's perfectly normal they havent sent you anything.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sarvienn)
If you have waited more than 2 weeks, from your application date and still have not received an email of acknowledgement, please call them and check with them. They'll be more than happy to confirm with you whether or not an email has been sent. If it has been less than 2 weeks, then it's perfectly normal they havent sent you anything.
Yeah, I sent my application off about a month ago. Thanks for your advice! As I am an international applicant, is there some way I can contact them other than via phone call? If not, which Department/Number would I have to call? Thanks
cecee77
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I applied a month ago as well but I haven’t received any acknowledgement either, so I contacted their Undergraduate Admissions through a form they have on their website, although they haven’t gotten back to me yet as it’s only been a couple days. I think you could try doing that?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cecee77)
Hi! I applied a month ago as well but I haven’t received any acknowledgement either, so I contacted their Undergraduate Admissions through a form they have on their website, although they haven’t gotten back to me yet as it’s only been a couple days. I think you could try doing that?
I'm in a similar situation! Which website page is the form available on? Thank you in advance.
Sarvienn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah, I sent my application off about a month ago. Thanks for your advice! As I am an international applicant, is there some way I can contact them other than via phone call? If not, which Department/Number would I have to call? Thanks
So, if you dont want to incur the phone charges you could just go to their contact page, and get the contact form, in which you'd just be asked to fill in their details. Get the contact page directly from their webpage displaying the course you're applying for.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you heard back from them?
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Same, i applied over a month ago but I still have not received any acknowledgement email!!
cecee77
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you heard back from them?
Hi, they've just gotten back to me and apparently they haven't yet received my application through UCAS, although on Track it states that my application was referred to them. I'm not quite sure how to fix this issue, but I've just DM-ed UCAS (can't dial them because I live overseas) to see if they can fix the issue. Have they gotten back to you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
They're yet to get back to me.. I even filled in a form asking about the Email & its been a week!
Should I be worried?
cecee77
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They're yet to get back to me.. I even filled in a form asking about the Email & its been a week!
Should I be worried?
They took quite some time to get back to me as well; probably busy with emails about COVID/the A level retakes. I’d say just wait for a while!
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, they've just gotten back to me and apparently they haven't yet received my application through UCAS, although on Track it states that my application was referred to them. I'm not quite sure how to fix this issue, but I've just DM-ed UCAS (can't dial them because I live overseas) to see if they can fix the issue. Have they gotten back to you?
yep they have! they replied that "Once we have started assessing your application we will acknowledge this however with a huge number of applicants it may be that your application has been delayed in the queue but rest assured we will get to this as soon as we can.". is this the reply that you got? it seems to me that they are sending out acknowledgement emails on a rolling basis, so we have nothing to be worried about.

also your case does seem rather weird. have you gotten acknowledgement emails from your other universities? it seems unlikely that they didn't even receive your application if you have already submitted your ucas. What was lse's response to you?
BobbyHan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is now the 22nd of October, and I am yet to receive an Acknowledgement Email from LSE regarding my application to study Economics there. From what I've seen on TSR/ heard from other applicants for the same course at my school, people received their Acknowledgement Emails from LSE around the 14th Oct. However, for most of them, the Email ended up in the 'Spam' Folder of their Gmail accounts.

This has me worried as, I feel like I might have accidentally deleted the Acknowledgement Email. I remember checking my 'Spam' Folder on the 16th, and finding multiple Emails from another university (including an Acknowledgement Email, steps to sign up for their student portal, etc.). I swiftly transferred these emails to my inbox, and then absentmindedly cleared my 'Spam' Folder. I have been waiting for an Acknowledgment Email from LSE ever since; however, I recently realised that if everyone got theirs around the 14th, I most likely got mine on that date as well - and the Email probably ended up in 'Spam' like it had for everyone else. Thus, as I was distracted by the Emails from the other university, I might not have seen the email and deleted it accidentally when I cleared my 'Spam' Folder. I know that the contents of Acknowledgment Emails don't really matter (apart from Unique Learner Numbers or whatever it's called).. But, I'm now worried as I don't know whether I accidentally deleted the Email - or whether I simply did not receive it at all.

I spoke to my UCAS Referee and he said that if I accidentally deleted it, then no big deal as they aren't too important.
However, he said that it might be a cause for concern if I just didn't receive an Email at all. He checked my status on UCAS for LSE, and it said pending decision.

So my question is: Assuming I hadn't actually accidentally deleted the Email & rather just never received one, does that mean that LSE has received my application/ will be considering it although I never got sent an Acknowledgment Email? Is there any way to find out if I actually got sent an Email or not?

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! x
Hey!! I am applying for LSE BSc Economics as well and still haven't received confirmation (acknowledgement) email. I sent off my application on 22nd of September and it has been more than a month. We can discuss together just dm me !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed