The Student Room Group

which university to choose? Surrey or Coventry

Hi, I got offer letter from coventry and surrey for masters in renewable energy, but in surrey course length is one year and in coventry i have work placement option.. so I am confused which university to choose. could someone please suggest.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by abhij
Hi, I got offer letter from coventry and surrey for masters in renewable energy, but in surrey course length is one year and in coventry i have work placement option.. so I am confused which university to choose. could someone please suggest.

I’d pick Surrey. Better reputation. If you are super keen on the work placement then check whether Surrey can offer that option. Some unis allow students to take a year out for placement if they can get one. Good luck
Original post by abhij

Hi @abhij,

Congratulations for receiving an offer to study with us!
As a student who has recently returned to university from a placement year, I cannot recommend them enough. Coventry University was fantastic at helping me secure my place at the company I worked for. They helped me write my application, tailor my CV and conduct mock interviews with me. Without this support, I wouldn't have gotten a place. I would 100% recommend taking a placement year because the skills you learn are so valuable and will help you immensely after graduation, especially when competing with many students across the country for the same careers. Coventry University have great links with local and national industries which open you up to lots of different opportunities to suit your skills and career aspirations.

I hope this helps your decision. If you have anymore questions about Coventry or placement, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending