ONLINE UNI TEACHING HAS BEEN HORRIBLE! - How is your Uni handling online teaching?

Watch
Just_Another_One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We are only maybe 2 weeks in. ABSOLUTLEY SHAMBOLIC!

"Oh, I verbally told you all to do this practice task, I don't know why you all haven't done it, we aren't here to spoon feed you".

20 Students: "What on Earth are you talking about? You didn't verbally say anything - if this was so important, why was it not within the rest of the practice sheets?!"
saji13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Just_Another_One)

"Oh, I verbally told you all to do this practice task, I don't know why you all haven't done it, we aren't here to spoon feed you".

20 Students: "What on Earth are you talking about? You didn't verbally say anything - if this was so important, why was it not within the rest of the practice sheets?!"
oof that sounds rough, tbh with you uni online i personally feel like it isn't upto standard, but i just thought that was to be expected due to covid and a whole new situation and everything. But seriously for you how can a lecturer be teaching well if all 20 of you have no idea about the task right..
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Just_Another_One)

Y2 biomed student here!
We have mostly untimetabled prerecorded lectures of varying quality and...quite frankly the timetabled stuff is no better as timetabling is utterly useless and makes minimum 5 mistakes a week on our scheduled sessions. Its also difficult to understand areas when we have no lab practicals when most of us will go into careers in research science. Someone needs to be fired at my uni because even I could do timetabling better and Im a complete nutcase at times!
jaxximus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my current uni is doing pretty bad a s well. we had online classes last semester too and it was sooo useless. most of the teachers refused to do anything and just sent us pdfs are were like there u go study
students are failing so many classes its horrific and nobody cares
Just_Another_One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by jaxximus)
my current uni is doing pretty bad a s well. we had online classes last semester too and it was sooo useless. most of the teachers refused to do anything and just sent us pdfs are were like there u go study
students are failing so many classes its horrific and nobody cares
Exactly the same here. Exactly the same.
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm behind because of lectures and other info being released late. I work to a timetable and I can't just fit stuff in as it arrives. Some of our lectures have been nearly 90 minutes long when they're supposed to be 50.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads