yourpal123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi,
thought I woudl create a 2021 MLAT chat, not sure if anyones done it yet, but i had a question, how is everyone revising and how much is everyone revising for the MLAT and what would be a good score to aim for in practice papers?
Last edited by yourpal123; 1 month ago
pebble876
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, it seems from previous years that anything above 50% is considered a good score. I am struggling to find solutions to the papers which is annoying but other than that I haven't done any revision. I'm always on top of grammar and I have made a conscious attempt to learn the adjective endings table, so I don't think it'll be too bad. After all, so many applicants get interviewed and that's all it really comes down to.
Culver
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yourpal123)
hi,
thought I woudl create a 2021 MLAT chat, not sure if anyones done it yet, but i had a question, how is everyone revising and how much is everyone revising for the MLAT and what would be a good score to aim for in practice papers?
Hiya! There’s another MLAT 2021 thread that I made a few months ago with a load of posts on it from applicants, so you could probably find help there? x
reicelar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi!! I’m applying for German and ab initio russian so I’ll be doing 2 tests- does anyone know what may happen if you smash your chosen language test but bomb the LAT ( i really just wanna do russian at oxford and I’m scared I’ve made it difficult for myself:/
mimimarinho03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yourpal123)
hi,
Hey I've got mine of the 4th or something (need to double check) I just did past papers and marked them to look for patterns in questions. (MAKE SURE YOU PRACTICE TENSES ESPECIALLY THE SUBJUNCTIVE) and that's it pretty much. The LAT section is trickier but I'll be doing them over the next few days so I can find a pattern. Good luck and don't worry it's really not too hard it's all stuff you already know from GCSE and A level
mimimarinho03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by reicelar)
Hi!! I’m applying for German and ab initio russian so I’ll be doing 2 tests- does anyone know what may happen if you smash your chosen language test but bomb the LAT ( i really just wanna do russian at oxford and I’m scared I’ve made it difficult for myself:/
If you're doing ab initio you don't do the Russian section because you won't know anything. You just do the German section and the LAT section which tests your ability to pick up new languages. It quizes you on a made up language so do past LAT's and try and master them before your MLAT good luvk you've got this
reicelar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It feels like I master every other practice paper for the LAT so I have no idea what it’s gonna be like 😭😭😭 but thank you!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (648)
33.52%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (820)
42.42%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.56%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.5%

Watched Threads