Can I classify as an eu student or am I a Uk student?

Watch
Valentinaharley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So, I’ve lived in the U.K. my whole life but I have a eu passport (not a U.K. one) and I want to apply for the university of Aberdeen. I’ve heard that eu students get free tutition there. Would I be able to qualify as an eu student ?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Valentinaharley)
So, I’ve lived in the U.K. my whole life but I have a eu passport (not a U.K. one) and I want to apply for the university of Aberdeen. I’ve heard that eu students get free tutition there. Would I be able to qualify as an eu student ?
The uni will do their own fee assessment based on your application info, the option you pick is just indicative.

Aberdeen's fees page says this:

"Students from EU Countries are eligible to apply to SAAS for assistance with tuition fees. They are not eligible to claim student loans or from any of the bursary schemes. Further information about applying for tuition fees can be found at here."

You may want to contact them directly for the most up to date info.
DeadChairSwinger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, im an EU passport holder, but I've also lived in the UK my whole life. i think it depends on if you have settled status or not, which I do. I've just applied to edinburgh and they've said that I qualify for scottish fees, so hooray. maybe you'll get them too.

also, scottish unis stopped giving EU students free tuition like 3 months ago. sucks for our year but at least we pay less than the RUK people
Last edited by DeadChairSwinger; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads