AW AFR
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did my biology practical a few days ago.I followed all the steps correctly in the first half.However I think I didn't use a colorimeter properly in the second half of the practical for which I got wrong results and wrong graph.My teacher told me to don't mind about it when I showed her my graph.

idk,I am still minding...is it enough to fail the overall practical endorsement?
Last edited by AW AFR; 1 month ago
emma963
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Each of the practicals covers a set of skills.
Once you complete a skill it is ticked off.
You pass the practice endorsement if you get all of the ticks.
Most are easy like can you draw a table/ follow instructions
Multiple practicals cover each spec point.
So if you miss out on one tick you will be able to make it up in another practical.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AW AFR)
I did my biology practical a few days ago.I followed all the steps correctly in the first half.However I think I didn't use a colorimeter properly in the second half of the practical for which I got wrong results and wrong graph.My teacher told me to dont mind about it.

idk,I am still minding...is it enough to fail the overall practical endorsement?
Hey AW AFR!

As emma963 says the task will cover skills that can be assessed in another practical
Also just because your results were wrong it doesn't really matter because if you drew a graph with those results you still technically drew the graph correctly
But honestly don't stress over the practical endorsement - your teachers will ensure you pass it - and you have two years to get everything ticked off!

I hope this helps,
Eloise - Official Student Rep
AW AFR
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For now I did 3 practicals for Biology.In the second one I didn't to finish the whole practical because I run out of time,the first one went pretty well and in the last one wrong results.

Which and how many are the skills that teachers are going to tick?
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AW AFR)
For now I did 3 practicals for Biology.In the second one I didn't to finish the whole practical because I run out of time,the first one went pretty well and in the last one wrong results.

Which and how many are the skills that teachers are going to tick?
If your teacher hasn’t said anything then I’m sure you’re fine :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.5%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (834)
42.46%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.5%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.53%

Watched Threads