tttmmm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hiya,

Does anyone know the best unis I would have a realistic chance of getting into for psychology with my predicted grades (BCC)? Covid has some what screwed me over but I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation

Thank u
aprose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tttmmm)
Hiya,

Does anyone know the best unis I would have a realistic chance of getting into for psychology with my predicted grades (BCC)? Covid has some what screwed me over but I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation

Thank u
Aston University, Anglia Ruskin (Cambridge), Bath Spa, Birmingham City Uni, Bishop Grosseteste Uni, Bounmouth, Uni of Brighton, Canterbury Christ Church Uni, Uni of Central Lancashire, Uni of Chester (BBC-BBB), Uni of Chichester, Edge Hill (Really nice campus, highly recommend BBC-BBB), London Metropolitan University, Uni of Northampton (really nice campus too), University of Westminster, London
---
I also highly recommend looking at Foundation year courses. I know for some people they aren't their first choice but they can be really useful and allow you to get into a much higher ranked University just by sitting an extra year (if ranking is important to you). You shouldn't worry about being a year behind either; I am taking a gap year, as did my older sister and she said it never affected her University experience by being a year behind if a foundation course is something you'd want to pursue.
---
I also recommend applying to at least one BBB course, maybe two, if you feel that BCC-BBC is below your abilities.
Good Luck!
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya,

Thank u
You could try Bangor. It has a good reputation for Psychology. It is a small seaside university in North Wales but some way from most places. Aberystwyth might be another option. It really depends what you want from a university id big or small city. Campus or not. How far from home etc. Difficult to advise without this..
University of Chichester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya,

Thank u
Hi tttmmm,

For all of our Psychology courses our entry requirements are BBC-BCC . Our Psychology department are also ranked 7th in UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2021) and 8th in the UK overall (Guardian League Tables 2021)

We have a Virtual Open Day on the 30 October and 14 November where you can speak to our academic staff directly via our live sessions or live chat if you have any questions or want more detail of our variety of Psychology courses: https://booknow.chi.ac.uk
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya,

Thank u
Hi, I am a student at London Metropolitan University. the entry requirements to join the course (3 years) is a minimum of BCC in 3 a levels or a minimum of a BC in at least 2 a levels.

However, if you don't manage to meet the entry requirements you can definitely apply for the psychology degree with a one-year foundation program. you will still graduate with the same title but the foundation year will give you an extra year to perfect and improve your knowledge for the next years ahead. the course has a 91% overall student satisfaction rate in the national student survey 2020. I have some friends who are doing the course and they are really enjoying it.

If you have any more questions about London met please ask and if you want to find out more about the course definitely visit the course webpage. i hope this helps!
ARUStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya,

Thank u
Hello! I work with Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge our psychology degree course has an entry requirement of 104 ucas points which would suit what you’re looking for. The psychology department is great at ARU we are in a new science building with the latest access to recourses! Personally I’m currently studying psychology with clinical psychology undergraduate and I’m in my first year. The university covers a great range of interesting subjects such as addiction, personality disorders and the biopsychology of love which are also modules on the psychology course if you’re interested! If you have any more questions I’d be more then happy to answer them for you, ARU could be a really great option for you our employment rate post graduation is one of the best!
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello tttmmm ,

I am currently a 3rd year Veterinary Biosciences student at Aberystwyth University and I am really enjoying my time here. Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide. Aberystwyth University has been ranked 2nd in the UK for Teaching Quality for the subject of Psychology according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019. The entry requirements for psychology here at Aberystwyth are BBB-CCC at a level, there is also the option to take a foundation year. You can find more information about the course here.

Looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and definitely helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best. Rankings are useful to look at, but it is also important to think about how the course is suited to your interests and what you are going to get out of it.

I would also recommend speaking to currents students about their experience at each university as well as current academic staff. This may help give you more of a feel of each university and help in your decision making. We have an interactive online open day coming up where you can have the opportunity to talk online to course lecturers, current students and admissions staff as well as take a panoramic tour of our campus and accommodation. You can register here if interested?

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions 😊

Rebecca
Marthaalexanderr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Swansea might give you an offer, it might be higher than you’re predicted though. However as far as I know they’re quite lenient on results day if you don’t meet your offer
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya,

Thank u
Hi tttmmm :hello:

I would recommend doing a bit of window shopping - look at websites, attend virtual open days wherever possible, chat to current students, ask questions and see which University's interest you (both in terms of location/student experience and the academic side). Then I would advise getting in touch with your chosen Uni's and seeing what their admissions policies are and flexibility in entry requirements. A lot of Uni's (like us) will have some flexibility in entry requirements as each application is considered on the whole, this includes your personal statement, references, any relevant work experience etc

I hope this helps, best of luck with your search and applications!
- Mia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (723)
41.46%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed