Anna banana :)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just wondering what the general policy on nail polish is while at uni doing medicine. I don’t mean fake nails etc just polish. I’m sure it will vary but I was curious if you would have to take it off when going into hospitals/GPs.

Thanks
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anna banana :))
Just wondering what the general policy on nail polish is while at uni doing medicine. I don’t mean fake nails etc just polish. I’m sure it will vary but I was curious if you would have to take it off when going into hospitals/GPs.

Thanks
Hey Anna Banana!

I study Pharmacy so its kind of similar!
We have to take any nail polish off for hospital visits - and doing medicine I would imagine you will spend a fair amount of time in hosptials
Your uni should make it clear to you before you start any placements though!

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
junior.doctor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anna banana :))

Thanks
Unfortunately, you won't be allowed to wear any sort of nail polish in clinical environments. So yes, you'd have to take it off for placement days. No problem with wearing it to university-based sessions though. Early on in your course, you may find that you have reasonable stretches between your placement days, where it's worth putting polish on if you want to. Realistically, once you get into the clinical phase of the course and you're in a clinical environment most days, it's hardly worth it
Rep:
?
(Original post by junior.doctor)
Unfortunately, you won't be allowed to wear any sort of nail polish in clinical environments. So yes, you'd have to take it off for placement days. No problem with wearing it to university-based sessions though. Early on in your course, you may find that you have reasonable stretches between your placement days, where it's worth putting polish on if you want to. Realistically, once you get into the clinical phase of the course and you're in a clinical environment most days, it's hardly worth it
Damn that sucks, but I’m not surprised. Thanks!
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey Anna Banana!

I study Pharmacy so its kind of similar!
We have to take any nail polish off for hospital visits - and doing medicine I would imagine you will spend a fair amount of time in hosptials
Your uni should make it clear to you before you start any placements though!

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Yeah I was expecting that - thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads