Want more information about this university?

University of Birmingham attainment offers

Watch
aprose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was just wondering, as Birmingham give out CCC offers (known as attainment offers) instead of unconditional offers, what kind of predicted grades were people given who received an offer of CCC?
--
I received my A-Level results last year and I am applying for University this year.
I would like to apply for Birmingham to study History and the entry requirements are AAB with an A in History or ABB with an A in EPQ + A in History.
I would be eligible for the ABB offer as I achieved an A* in my EPQ and I got ABB in my A-Levels, however the A was in Sociology and not History. I have since retaken History in the Autumn exams, aiming for an A.
Would I eligible for a CCC offer or not? (I'm thinking no but its worth a check)
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aprose)
I was just wondering, as Birmingham give out CCC offers (known as attainment offers) instead of unconditional offers, what kind of predicted grades were people given who received an offer of CCC?
--
I received my A-Level results last year and I am applying for University this year.
I would like to apply for Birmingham to study History and the entry requirements are AAB with an A in History or ABB with an A in EPQ + A in History.
I would be eligible for the ABB offer as I achieved an A* in my EPQ and I got ABB in my A-Levels, however the A was in Sociology and not History. I have since retaken History in the Autumn exams, aiming for an A.
Would I eligible for a CCC offer or not? (I'm thinking no but its worth a check)
Fraid not.

The attainment offers are made to people with both excellent GCSE grades and predictions of AAA and higher
aprose
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Fraid not.

The attainment offers are made to people with both excellent GCSE grades and predictions of AAA and higher
Oh okay, that's absolutely fine. Thanks for letting me know
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay, that's absolutely fine. Thanks for letting me know
That's ok, sounds like you will probably get an offer anyway
aprose
Rep:
?
That's ok, sounds like you will probably get an offer anyway
I'm not quite sure as I haven't got an A yet - It will be conditional on my Autumn exam results I guess. Fingers crossed!!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not quite sure as I haven't got an A yet - It will be conditional on my Autumn exam results I guess. Fingers crossed!!
yes it will probably be a conditional offer dependent on the A in History but there is a small chance it will be unconditional since you do already have an A - albeit in the wrong subject but there may be some flexibility about that, time will tell.
aprose
Rep:
?
yes it will probably be a conditional offer dependent on the A in History but there is a small chance it will be unconditional since you do already have an A - albeit in the wrong subject but there may be some flexibility about that, time will tell.
Yeah good point; I'll have to wait and see
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads