don't care about A levels anymore

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
the subjects I'm doing are fun (sometimes), but I got DDD in my tests at the start of year 13

I really don't want to be doing A levels anymore. I used to be sooo hardworking for GCSEs and in year 12 but I don't try anymore. I enjoy the subjects but don't care about getting good grades... I only need crappy grades for the course I want, but I'd look so dumb to any future employers.

maybe its the effects of lockdown but I keep distracting myself. I need my laptop for my school work but I spend HOURS searching random stuff on the internet instead. even when there is an important test the next day, I do some work but don't care about fully understanding things anymore.

how do you motivate yourself when you don't want to continue with A levels anymore? this will be a long 8 months...
shahbaaz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Think about your parents mate and their future how you could get a high paying career out of these A-levels and give them a wonderful life without the financial stress. They say money dont buy you happiness but it does definitely buy you freedom
A+B+C
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is the real world. Nobody will pick you back up if you're struggling for motivation, that's your job. Your future depends on your choices now. Decide what you want out of life and focus on it.
username5446306
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the subjects I'm doing are fun (sometimes), but I got DDD in my tests at the start of year 13

I really don't want to be doing A levels anymore. I used to be sooo hardworking for GCSEs and in year 12 but I don't try anymore. I enjoy the subjects but don't care about getting good grades... I only need crappy grades for the course I want, but I'd look so dumb to any future employers.

maybe its the effects of lockdown but I keep distracting myself. I need my laptop for my school work but I spend HOURS searching random stuff on the internet instead. even when there is an important test the next day, I do some work but don't care about fully understanding things anymore.

how do you motivate yourself when you don't want to continue with A levels anymore? this will be a long 8 months...
I've kinda been feeling like this recently too, mainly because I feel like one of my A-levels (hisotry) is really dead and takes up so much time compared to my other ones. Also for some reason I feel like a saddo studying for A-levels and like I should be out having fun. Which is obvs stupid cos Covid means we can't go out much anyway. Everyone in the country is in the same boat - so we might as well just work really hard for 8 months and hopefully we can have a fun summer afterwards.

But also A-levels are Waaaay more important than GCSEs - like as you say, employers do actually look at them. So another reason to push through for the next few months and try ur best.

Also you pobs have some teachers u like and don't want to disappoint

In terms of practical motivation tips I'd suggest forming a study group with some people taking the same subjects as u to keep each other accountable and have more fun.

Also I watched this documentary on yt about the SAS selection process in Australia which was weirdly motivational, so maybe try that :dontknow:

Good luck!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shahbaaz)
Think about your parents mate and their future how you could get a high paying career out of these A-levels and give them a wonderful life without the financial stress. They say money dont buy you happiness but it does definitely buy you freedom
thanks, I will try to keep thinking about that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by A+B+C)
This is the real world. Nobody will pick you back up if you're struggling for motivation, that's your job. Your future depends on your choices now. Decide what you want out of life and focus on it.
thanks for this, yeah I just need to stop being a lazy ass
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Fionaanddonkey)
I've kinda been feeling like this recently too, mainly because I feel like one of my A-levels (hisotry) is really dead and takes up so much time compared to my other ones. Also for some reason I feel like a saddo studying for A-levels and like I should be out having fun. Which is obvs stupid cos Covid means we can't go out much anyway. Everyone in the country is in the same boat - so we might as well just work really hard for 8 months and hopefully we can have a fun summer afterwards.

But also A-levels are Waaaay more important than GCSEs - like as you say, employers do actually look at them. So another reason to push through for the next few months and try ur best.

Also you pobs have some teachers u like and don't want to disappoint

In terms of practical motivation tips I'd suggest forming a study group with some people taking the same subjects as u to keep each other accountable and have more fun.

Also I watched this documentary on yt about the SAS selection process in Australia which was weirdly motivational, so maybe try that :dontknow:

Good luck!
yeah there are quite a few teachers that I dont want to disappoint actually.

haha I actually formed a study group for next week, funny you mentioned that. thanks so much for this, I will try my best to get motivated again.
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which course do you want to do?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
Which course do you want to do?
animation at herts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (128)
28.32%
No - I have already returned home (61)
13.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (88)
19.47%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (42)
9.29%
No - I live at home during term anyway (133)
29.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed