AG102
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anyone the best textbooks (preferably from personal experience) for these subjects:

Bio, Phys, Chem: Edexcel
English lang and lit: AQA
Nialler x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you mean recommend??
AG102
Rep:
?
Yes
AG102
Rep:
?
Also, is CGP or the Pearson Revise series good for the sciences
Nialler x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AG102)
Also, is CGP or the Pearson Revise series good for the sciences
I prefer CGP
AG102
Rep:
?
Thank you
Nialler x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AG102)
Thank you
Mention not
Good luck for your exams :goodluck:
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AG102)
Can anyone the best textbooks (preferably from personal experience) for these subjects:

Bio, Phys, Chem: Edexcel
English lang and lit: AQA
Use CGP, not only is the information concise and easy to understand, but at the end of every page there's aways a great joke or pop culture reference, which'll be sure to improve your learning experience. They're full of witty banter!
Nialler x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shafy97)
Use CGP, not only is the information concise and easy to understand, but at the end of every page there's aways a great joke or pop culture reference, which'll be sure to improve your learning experience. They're full of witty banter!
That's why I prefer CGP books :daydreaming:
AG102
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shafy97)
Haha yh sure!
:lol:
khaled1111123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
english langauge, like maths, requires practice and practice. you only need to remember literary devices, the basics should be avaliable for CGP but textbooks on english language are majorly useless. just do past papers, and predicted papers.english literature however is content heavy in remembering, so you definitely need books for this one. GCP, spark notes, York notes are really good in this field too. I found that York Notes had unnecessary extended commentaries that were not useful for GCSE, but the guide is still good. I personally really like connell notes (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shakespeare.../dp/1907776044) and i find them more in-depth. universities and a level students recommend them to achieve top grades for gcses. rather then a revision guide, its more commentary based. BUT i'd stick with GCP, york notes, spark etc if you want to be on the safe side.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.6%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.31%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (64)
28.96%

Watched Threads