Zarley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am in year 13 hoping to go to uni next academic year. I am also an EU national that lived in the UK for eight years. I have heard of the recent changes regarding student finance for EU students i.e that they will no longer be entitled to home fees and addition financial support.

However, it had also said that 'those EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals benefitting from Citizens’ Rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement, EEA EFTA Separation Agreement or Swiss Citizens’ Rights Agreement' will not be affected by these changes. For a year now, I have been granted the settled status. So does that mean I can still apply for help from student finance?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zarley)
Hi,

I am in year 13 hoping to go to uni next academic year. I am also an EU national that lived in the UK for eight years. I have heard of the recent changes regarding student finance for EU students i.e that they will no longer be entitled to home fees and addition financial support.

However, it had also said that 'those EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals benefitting from Citizens’ Rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement, EEA EFTA Separation Agreement or Swiss Citizens’ Rights Agreement' will not be affected by these changes. For a year now, I have been granted the settled status. So does that mean I can still apply for help from student finance?
Hi, you are classed as a home student not an EU student. You should be funded as long as you meet the eligibility criteria https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Thanks, Isaac
Zarley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, you are classed as a home student not an EU student. You should be funded as long as you meet the eligibility criteria https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you so much for clarifying🙂
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zarley)
Thank you so much for clarifying🙂
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (793)
42.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (373)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed