studiesss_123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I am thinking of studying International Relations at uni, as I am really interested in global issues and love studying human geography at A level. I think the course looks really good, however, I am just wondering whether it is really political? I don't know much about politics, so I'm a bit worried that it isn't the right course for me?

I am more interested in e.g. the impacts of conflict on people, and don't really know if an International Relations degree will be what I expect it to be like?

Any advice would be highly appreciated! Thank you
mariamaziz222
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey!
I've applied to IR this year. IR is a branch of politics, so yes there's a lot of political content. If you enjoy learning about the relationships between countries (why they go to war with each other, different political theory, realism, liberalism etc.) then go for it! I take geography, politics and sociology for A-Levels and human geography definitely ties in a lot with IR.
studiesss_123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads