exams 17
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, So I have applied for a Masters for January, but just double checked it says on the application the proposed start date is September 2021, however I thought it was for January 2021. I have contacted admissions to see if I can be considered for the January 2021 course - is this possible?

I'm awaiting a response and to be honest in the emails the last few weeks I have stated that I have applied for January 2021 and even sent a personal statement that says January 2021 entry at the top. Do you think that would be okay?

Thanks so much in advance 😊
madame_j
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on a uni, I believe. I mean some unis postponed the start of some courses so they no longer start in Jan 2021. This might be a reason why they told you about Sep 2021.
exams 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by madame_j)
It depends on a uni, I believe. I mean some unis postponed the start of some courses so they no longer start in Jan 2021. This might be a reason why they told you about Sep 2021.
This is for Queen's University, I studied my degree there and graduated last Summer I applied for a Masters but didn't realise it said September 2021 start date, I thought it said January 2021 start date but there is an intake for January 2021 I just checked - I've emailed to explain so fingers crossed.

Thanks! 😊
madame_j
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gotcha, hope they'll accept your application for Jan 2021 then
exams 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by madame_j)
Gotcha, hope they'll accept your application for Jan 2021 then
Sorry made a typo - meant Sept 2022 but hopefully they accept it, thanks!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by exams 17)
Sorry made a typo - meant Sept 2022 but hopefully they accept it, thanks!
So it's either January 2021 or September 2022?
exams 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
So it's either January 2021 or September 2022?
Sorry another typo this phone lol!

So I applied for the Sept 2021, but I thought it was for January 2021 entry - I did say to the head of administration 2 weeks ago when the application was sent that I applied for January 2021, I thought I did but double checked and it said proposed date of entry - September 2021. So I've emailed admissions to say if there is any possibility of being considered for January 2021.

Fingers crossed!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (43)
32.09%
No - I have already returned home (16)
11.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
20.15%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (37)
27.61%

Watched Threads