Sammy9999
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi
So I am 21 years old and I suffer from ocd problem like I keep repeatingly wash my hands and I get unwanted thoughts which I don't want to like for example when I am walking to anywhere in my mind I get thoughts like jump infront of the car or when I am in a shopping mall in different floors I get so bad thoughts like jump. I have been stressed about my mental health problem and been crying about it. Any advice pls?
username5409490
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammy9999)
Hi
So I am 21 years old and I suffer from ocd problem like I keep repeatingly wash my hands and I get unwanted thoughts which I don't want to like for example when I am walking to anywhere in my mind I get thoughts like jump infront of the car or when I am in a shopping mall in different floors I get so bad thoughts like jump. I have been stressed about my mental health problem and been crying about it. Any advice pls?
I also wash my hands excessively (for a month or two) and my parents are getting annoyed which annoys me too. You're not alone, that's all I can say. It's horrible. Make sure you moisturize your hands daily. Good Luck
Sammy9999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dropdehbombman)
I also wash my hands excessively (for a month or two) and my parents are getting annoyed which annoys me too. You're not alone, that's all I can say. It's horrible. Make sure you moisturize your hands daily. Good Luck
I know it's horrible and thanks! I hope u get well soon!
beccad115
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello,
I also use to suffer from OCD and it is an awful thing to have to deal with. I always use to describe it as a toxic friend in my head that is refusing to leave. The more you give into those thoughts (like washing your hands loads), the worst it will get. Set yourself challenges. I know it's really stressful but take small steps. My routines often involved counting, so I would challenge myself to do it one less time. I would keep doing that until I didn't feel as uncomfortable and then I would try shortening it again. Also I would recommend telling someone you trust about it. They can help support you in shortening your routines. Also seeing a therapist really helps you work towards goals and talk about your thoughts (I really recommend doing this!). Without my therapist I think I would still be struggling. The thoughts are really hard to deal with, but remember everyone has bad thoughts that don't represent their true personality. They don't make you a bad person and they don't define you. I recommend starting a journal where you can write down how you are feeling - it definitely helps .
Lastly OCD is a really misunderstood mental illness. It isn't being neat or a cool quirk someone has. It's actually exhausting. So you are really strong person for dealing with this and you can get rid of that toxic friend in your head .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (635)
41.34%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed