Do you think Covid will impact postgraduate loans next year?

Watch
anthonypinetree
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm really hoping to do a postgraduate degree in 2021, my main concern is the loans. I'm Welsh and at the moment the loans are very generous and more than enough to do the course/get accommodation (it's currently £17,000) but I'm really anxious that they might not be viable next year with government finances being spent elsewhere.

Anyone have any idea on this?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anthonypinetree)
Hi, I'm really hoping to do a postgraduate degree in 2021, my main concern is the loans. I'm Welsh and at the moment the loans are very generous and more than enough to do the course/get accommodation (it's currently £17,000) but I'm really anxious that they might not be viable next year with government finances being spent elsewhere.

Anyone have any idea on this?
Any loan provided by the government has the possibility of being withdrawn for new students at any time (COVID notwithstanding), so it's very hard to say. Worst case scenario is that it is indeed withdrawn, so your main option would be to work and save up before going to uni again.
weightlifting98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm currently doing a postgraduate degree and have heard nothing on fees being potentially withdrawn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads