jollu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
ive learned python for 3 ish years, and im quite good at it. however at alevel my class is studying c#, and i have to be able to code at the same level in c# that i was in python by christmas.

halfway to christmas and ive just about figured how to do loops. honestly, i have to spend most of the lesson googling what the equivalent to (thing) in python is. im not really getting better.

how do i tell my teacher that i would prefer to do python instead of c#?

( this would affect the NEA (any language should be fine for this) and the exam ( you get given code and have to finish code ( it would be in c# unless i change to python)
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jollu)
ive learned python for 3 ish years, and im quite good at it. however at alevel my class is studying c#, and i have to be able to code at the same level in c# that i was in python by christmas.

halfway to christmas and ive just about figured how to do loops. honestly, i have to spend most of the lesson googling what the equivalent to (thing) in python is. im not really getting better.

( this would affect the NEA (any language should be fine for this) and the exam ( you get given code and have to finish code ( it would be in c# unless i change to python)
Even if your class is learning in c# can you not write your answers to questions in python? Your teachers should be giving you the same number of marks for either language. If you haven't already you should tell your teachers you are much more comfortable coding in python and you should be fine tbh. The only thing is that your teacher may not be able to understand python but if they're teaching they really should.
jollu
Rep:
?
ill ask him after the half term holiday, i dont see a reason why not myself, i mean, the only real issue is that my teach is a bit scary ( as in, just has a go at people for fun, and ready to make an example of you )
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jollu)
ill ask him after the half term holiday, i dont see a reason why not myself, i mean, the only real issue is that my teach is a bit scary ( as in, just has a go at people for fun, and ready to make an example of you )
There's nothing wrong with your question though. If he makes fun of you for a genuine, important question you could talk to the head of department or someone similar.

If I was you I would ask him before half term, otherwise you might be wasting your time learning c# in the holidays, the earlier the better
\^_^/
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jollu)

in the nea i heard you can use whatever coding language you want
but i do OCR
what exam board are you doing?
jollu
Rep:
?
aqa
\^_^/
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jollu)
aqa
oh sorry i do ocr
im not sure about aqa tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (491)
33.42%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads