Daddio70
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am hoping for some feedback on Arden Universities online BSc Computing course. Can anybody recommend it, what's the tutoring and support like, how does it compare to other online BSc Computing courses please.
Arden University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey @Daddio70,

I am a student at Arden but am not on the Computing Course and have very little expertise in that field, however I have contacted some people in the know on your behalf who will get back to your post soon :-)

In the meantime I am an online student and do love the flexibility of being able to work fulltime and study too. The live sessions are recorded in case you are not available to make them, and there is plenty of support offered from the lecturers to help with your learning experience across all courses. I actually now prefer online learning to being on a campus :-)

Abigail
Arden University Student Ambassador
Arden University
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Daddio70)
I am hoping for some feedback on Arden Universities online BSc Computing course. Can anybody recommend it, what's the tutoring and support like, how does it compare to other online BSc Computing courses please.
Hi Daddio70,

We ran a taster webinar on Computing at Arden earlier this year and you will be able to find the answer to your questions there - so please do have a watch: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rec...22966051109648

If you have any follow up questions after watching it then please do comment on this thread.

Thanks,
Amy
Daddio70
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Arden University)
Hey @Daddio70,

I am a student at Arden but am not on the Computing Course and have very little expertise in that field, however I have contacted some people in the know on your behalf who will get back to your post soon :-)

In the meantime I am an online student and do love the flexibility of being able to work fulltime and study too. The live sessions are recorded in case you are not available to make them, and there is plenty of support offered from the lecturers to help with your learning experience across all courses. I actually now prefer online learning to being on a campus :-)

Abigail
Thankyou for your reply Abigail.

I am actually enquiring for my son who has been trying to find the best online Computing Course. He is drawn to Arden as the course starts at the end of this month and there is the current offer of a free Master's course afterwards.

The other courses were with University of London and Open University. I have been looking around for reviews of the Arden course and found mixed feedback, negatives being lack of support but there wasn't a lot of reviews out there. It is good to hear that you have found the support good on your course. As you are a Student Ambassador how have you found other students feedback, and what drew you to starting your course at Arden University.

Steve.
Arden University
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Daddio70)
Thankyou for your reply Abigail.

I am actually enquiring for my son who has been trying to find the best online Computing Course. He is drawn to Arden as the course starts at the end of this month and there is the current offer of a free Master's course afterwards.

The other courses were with University of London and Open University. I have been looking around for reviews of the Arden course and found mixed feedback, negatives being lack of support but there wasn't a lot of reviews out there. It is good to hear that you have found the support good on your course. As you are a Student Ambassador how have you found other students feedback, and what drew you to starting your course at Arden University.

Steve.
Hey,

I really like that fact that as students we can put things back into our course and can help make them even better. I decided to study at Arden purely for the fact that it was all online, which I needed so I could continue working and the course content and accreditation of my programme was exactly what I was looking for to pursue my end goal of going into the field of Psychology. It is really flexible as well if you are self funded and yes if you are doing an undergrad course the free masters is a good bonus!

Abigail
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (71)
27.41%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.2%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.85%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.81%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.73%

Watched Threads