how will past poor grades impact my uni application?

Watch
lhop
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am doing my UCAS application - how best to manage this as you have to declare them? will it scupper my chances?
I messed up y12, didn't really work and got poor results - now got my head together - switched courses to a BTEC which i enjoy a lot more- so far all good and bang on target for the course i want - my GSCEs are all good - a*,a and b grades. Anyone else here switched from A levels to a BTEC?
Last edited by lhop; 1 month ago
tiktoksensation
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the course and the uni but in most cases as long as you're on target for the BTEC then your past A Level performance shouldn't affect you too much.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your referee needs to mention you change of attitude in your reference,
This is a positive - messed up, grew up, turned things around - and shows your increased maturity and better attitude to hard work.
As long as your eventual BTEC grades are okay, and you meet any GCSE requirement, other grades will not matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (789)
42.06%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (372)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.48%

Watched Threads