Divib
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone,
I am in troubles with the student finance because my application is taking too long and every time that it seems there is a progress I find out that they extend the payment date.
When I applied they said it was up to 6 weeks, so I contacted my university which accepted to wait until the end of this month.
When SFE asked for some evidence that I could not provide I had to change my application to the EU20N form, which extended the waiting period to further 4 weeks (which should have ended on the 30th October).
Today I checked on the website the progress of my application and it wasn't shown anymore, so I called and they said that it has been sent to another office/department ( I have no idea why) and that they need further 58 working days.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore, and I am extremely worried because the university is about to ask me to pay my fees (which will be refunded once SFE has paid).

Has anyone ever had the same problem? Do I have any chance to avoid the 9k£? Because obviously I don't have such amounts

Thank you all
Last edited by Divib; 1 month ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Divib)
Hello everyone,
I am in troubles with the student finance because my application is taking too long and every time that it seems there is a progress I find out that they extend the payment date.
When I applied they said it was up to 6 weeks, so I contacted my university which accepted to wait until the end of this month.
When SFE asked for some evidence that I could not provide I had to change my application to the EU20N form, which extended the waiting period to further 4 weeks (which should have ended on the 30th October).
Today I checked on the website the progress of my application and it wasn't shown anymore, so I called and they said that it has been sent to another office/department ( I have no idea why) and that they need further 58 working days.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore, and I am extremely worried because the university is about to ask me to pay my fees (which will be refunded once SFE has paid).

Has anyone ever had the same problem? Do I have any chance to avoid the 9k£? Because obviously I don't have such amounts

Thank you all
Hi, we advised all new applicants to apply by May to receive funding in time. EU applications do currently take around 3 months to assess but we are working to bring this timescale down as priority. Please ask your university to allow more time.
Thanks, Isaac
Divib
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, we advised all new applicants to apply by May to receive funding in time. EU applications do currently take around 3 months to assess but we are working to bring this timescale down as priority. Please ask your university to allow more time.
Thanks, Isaac
I wouldn't have this problem if SFE would have said 3 months from the beginning, instead that constantly extending the waiting period
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Divib)
I wouldn't have this problem if SFE would have said 3 months from the beginning, instead that constantly extending the waiting period
3 months is not normal, it should only take 6-8 weeks. Our assessors are working to get this timescale down as soon as possible.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.5%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (834)
42.46%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.5%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed