Blue_skies124
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve been exercising for the past few months because of putting on loads of weight during lockdown. However today, my mouth tasted sweet and my whole body aches. The day before I felt the same body pain but also had a horrible headache. I’m not sure what’s wrong with me. I have low levels of vitamin d and iron but I’ve been taking tablets to supplement those. I’ve taken a diabetic monitor and it shows that my levels are at 5 mmol/L which I assume is normal. I don’t want to waste the doctors time in case there’s nothing actually wrong with me. I know it’s not muscle pain because this feels different.
Last edited by Blue_skies124; 1 month ago
Blue_skies124
Rep:
?
You don’t have to be rude. I’m going to call the doctors but I just wanted to know what any of those symptoms meant.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It isn't type 1 because you would know about that by now, likely be in a coma.

You have a normal blood sugar level so I doubt it but if you are concerned you should speak to your doctor.
Blue_skies124
Rep:
?
Could it be ketosis
Ok, will do
I’ve just been feeling weird this week; lacking energy, getting headaches, my body hurting whilst before, I had so much More energy due to exercising
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Blue_skies124)
Could it be ketosis
Ok, will do
I’ve just been feeling weird this week; lacking energy, getting headaches, my body hurting whilst before, I had so much More energy due to exercising
No because you have normal blood sugar levels.

I suggest you go through this checklist first.
Catsarepurrfect
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, it sounds more like corona than diabetes... Get yourself tested or consult with your doctor. And don't think you are wasting their time. I thought that i only had flu and that i shouldn't bother my doctor around Christmas, but week and half later i found that i actually have pneumonia and that it got serve enough to send me to the hospital for week and after i had to go to my gp like 5 times for check up and 4 times to the hospital for a check up or x-ray of my lungs. If i went to my doctor right away, i would have wasted much much less of their time.
Blue_skies124
Rep:
?
But I’ve got no cough, high temperature so I’m unsure whether it would be symptoms of corona
My body is in pain, after a few minutes of working out my legs feel as though lactic acid has built up when before I could exercise for longer periods.
Catsarepurrfect
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But I’ve got no cough, high temperature so I’m unsure whether it would be symptoms of corona
My body is in pain, after a few minutes of working out my legs feel as though lactic acid has built up when before I could exercise for longer periods.
Somebody from my family has corona, and she has nearly no symptoms. She is only tired and her throat is a bit sore. One of my friends had corona and she said that her whole body hurt and she was tired but she was okay otherwise. So i think if your symptoms don't get better tomorrow/the day after, you should at least call your doctor and talk to him about it
Blue_skies124
Rep:
?
I hope it’s not that
I assumed it could be low iron levels or low vitamin d levels it I take tablets for those
And then I thought it could perhaps be high blood glucose levels due to my mouth tasting sweet but my levels were normal on the diabetic monitor
I hope it’s not that because that means I could pass it on to my family which I don’t want
Catsarepurrfect
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope it’s not that
I assumed it could be low iron levels or low vitamin d levels it I take tablets for those
And then I thought it could perhaps be high blood glucose levels due to my mouth tasting sweet but my levels were normal on the diabetic monitor
I hope it’s not that because that means I could pass it on to my family which I don’t want
I mean, i know literally nothing about low iron leves or low vitamin d, so it can easily be that, try to google it a bit. In my country (czech republic) corona is extremely big problem right now, it is possible that in 2 or 3 weeks the same will happen here as in Italy and New York, so covid is the first thing for me to think of, since there is a big chance of catching it for me. You should consider how is the situation in your country/region and depending on that maybe self isolate a little bit and/or don't visit friends and family from the higher risk group. BUT bear in mind that i am not expert by any means and this is my subjective opinion based on what is happening in my surrounding, so take that into the account
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads