Whats your favourite Tolkien book?

Watch
spacerat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've read LOTR, The Hobbit, Tales from the perilous realm, and Roverandom. Which other books of his would you recommend/which is your favourite?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My favourite is the Hobbit
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fellowship of the Ring is my all time favourite book of his and my all time favourite book in general. Same for my favourite out of the films too. Maybe its nostalgia since that book introduced me to all things Tolkien but its the book and film I always go to when I need to be perked up and reminded of the good in life :love:
Darya.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Only read The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy. I need to read the Silmarillion at some point but haven't gotten to it yet :no:

They're all so good and it's so difficult to choose. So I'm going to go through a loophole and say that there are some editions of LOTR where all three novels are published in one book, so can I say that that is my favourite book? :lol:
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm not a fan, but for me the Hobbit is the best of (what I consider to be) a bad bunch
BigRosse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The Lord of the Rings is the best book series in my view. It's especially cool when the book is growing up, literally like you. The conception of the book is changing with a new one and it took a long way to became really hard and deep novel in the last book
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (63)
18.69%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.67%

Watched Threads