Scarred my skin

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I popped a millia using a needle and now its gone but theirs a large dark mark around it. I think it's hyperpigmentation and it hasn't gone all day. What should I do?
Anonymous #1
ecolier
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I popped a millia using a needle and now its gone but theirs a large dark mark around it. I think it's hyperpigmentation and it hasn't gone all day. What should I do?
Go and see your GP. I have no clue (without seeing it) and wouldn't want to give you the wrong advice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Go and see your GP. I have no clue (without seeing it) and wouldn't want to give you the wrong advice.
I had a phone call yesterday and he told me it was millia and told me to leave it or buy a cream which could remove it but that it was cosmetical and not medical. So I used a sterile needle and squeezed it out but I think I squeezed my skin too hard and for a long time that I got trauma induced hyperpigmentation. I don't want to go back to him he does video calls and it's hard to show.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How long ago did you squeeze it? I have paleish, white skin and from personal experience of pigmentation after injuries, the hyper pigmentation usually appears when the cut is healing and can last for a few months and even over a year with really deep injuries but does fade eventually. I have not found anything that helps - some people swear by Bio oil but I personally have not noticed much difference (I have done experiments with injuries of the same age using bio oil on one and not the other and there was zero difference after a few weeks). Note I do have a skin condition that makes my skin slow at healing so things may heal even faster for you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
How long ago did you squeeze it? I have paleish, white skin and from personal experience of pigmentation after injuries, the hyper pigmentation usually appears when the cut is healing and can last for a few months and even over a year with really deep injuries but does fade eventually. I have not found anything that helps - some people swear by Bio oil but I personally have not noticed much difference (I have done experiments with injuries of the same age using bio oil on one and not the other and there was zero difference after a few weeks). Note I do have a skin condition that makes my skin slow at healing so things may heal even faster for you
A couple of minutes but I was poking the spot with a needle a lot because the white stuff wasn't coming out. I have brown skin.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A couple of minutes but I was poking the spot with a needle a lot because the white stuff wasn't coming out. I have brown skin.
How long ago did you do it? My skin seems to behave more like brown skin than white skin when it comes to pigmentation tbh
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
How long ago did you do it? My skin seems to behave more like brown skin than white skin when it comes to pigmentation tbh
All of it was probably 5 minutes max and then it looked dark after but not that dark and then stupidly I used the ordinary peeling solution on my face for less than 10 minutes and then when I woke up the next day it was really dark so I think that might have made it darker but the peeling solution hasn't affected my skin before.
Anonymous #1
I'm reading stuff online and now I'm scared as It says it can lead to permanent scarring if you pop millia and I think that's what I've got.
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
as someone who has lots of scar, it takes time to fade. I accidently burnt my skin with wax and yh .
The ordinary niacinamide helps but its not immediate. It'll take time
Anonymous #1
as someone who has lots of scar, it takes time to fade. I accidently burnt my skin with wax and yh .
The ordinary niacinamide helps but its not immediate. It'll take time
Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads