Guwop
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I couldn’t find a thread for 2021 discussions so I thought I’d make One. Send in any questions and thoughts guys 😌
TheHairline
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm currently in year 13 doing my A-Levels and I am undecided on what type of engineering degree apprenticeship I want to do. I do maths , physics and computer science.
Pranavan19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys, I currently work at one of the top 4 y and seeing all these questions i have decided to make a YouTube video on all the stages of the application process and will give as many tips as possible to help you land your dream job. The video will be coming out in a few days and i will make sure to drop a link in the chat when i release it. Stress less, good luck!
LepRexa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the OP posted around the Dyson apprenticeship. has anyone put in an application?
Guwop
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by LepRexa)
I think the OP posted around the Dyson apprenticeship. has anyone put in an application?
I haven’t got around to it yet and I also wanted to ask everyone what predicted grades they’ve got atm?
LepRexa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Guwop)
I haven’t got around to it yet and I also wanted to ask everyone what predicted grades they’ve got atm?
A*AA but it doesn't look like that's a major thing to start off with.I think if you've got the requirements all good. Although the fact they filter applicants based on a IQ test is strange guess they get lots of applicants. What do you think same I haven't put an application in yet
sb_0808
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya I'm predicted: A*AAA (I take Maths, Further Maths, Physics, D.T. Product design).
Also for the test I don't think it is an IQ test; I thought it is like data and personality stuff (but I could be totally wrong)
For the application form I'm kinda stuck though because I want to make a strong personal statement and CV but because it is applying for a job as well it has to be quite a bit different to UCAS. I'm doing some research on making sure what values they would like an applicant to have but I would love any advice
Harry_cer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I've done the tests today and applied. Waiting for a response
LepRexa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sb_0808)
Hiya I'm predicted: A*AAA (I take Maths, Further Maths, Physics, D.T. Product design).
Also for the test I don't think it is an IQ test; I thought it is like data and personality stuff (but I could be totally wrong)
For the application form I'm kinda stuck though because I want to make a strong personal statement and CV but because it is applying for a job as well it has to be quite a bit different to UCAS. I'm doing some research on making sure what values they would like an applicant to have but I would love any advice
Ah ok, it reminded me of one of those tests we scarred me in Year 9 that tried to predict my GCSEs as being a combination of Cs and Ds!! for the values I think it is quite important to make sure that it is still yourself rather than basing it off what they want because I think a lot of people will do that. Perhaps try and show through your own 'values' what they want (but show don't tell). Harry how did they go?
Harry_cer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, they went okay. They numerical analysis test gets harder as you move along, yet was more easier than the diagrammatic analysis.
LepRexa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Harry_cer)
Hi, they went okay. They numerical analysis test gets harder as you move along, yet was more easier than the diagrammatic analysis.
Sounds like you did great
Harry_cer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not sure I would say great lol. Think the tests are there to be difficult and progressively more harder. But thanks aha
sb_0808
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LepRexa)
Ah ok, it reminded me of one of those tests we scarred me in Year 9 that tried to predict my GCSEs as being a combination of Cs and Ds!! for the values I think it is quite important to make sure that it is still yourself rather than basing it off what they want because I think a lot of people will do that. Perhaps try and show through your own 'values' what they want (but show don't tell). Harry how did they go?
Oh wow no wonder that test is scarring!
Also, thanks for the advice!!
Nataliee_cotts
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows a date to when interviews are listed? I’m studying a level maths chem and physics btw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads