Predicted bcc but i need higher to go to the uni i want to go to

Watch
aji2019
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hello
I’d like to go to Royal Holloway and studied so incredibly hard for my mocks but it clearly wasn’t enough and I’ve got predicted BCC’s when in reality I need atleast a BBB. I have no idea what my future is going to look like and feel extremely disappointed in myself. If anyone has any advice on how I can boost my grades please do let me know as I’m desperate.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aji2019)
hello
I’d like to go to Royal Holloway and studied so incredibly hard for my mocks but it clearly wasn’t enough and I’ve got predicted BCC’s when in reality I need atleast a BBB. I have no idea what my future is going to look like and feel extremely disappointed in myself. If anyone has any advice on how I can boost my grades please do let me know as I’m desperate.
If you are applying for 2021 entry then you need to speak to your teachers and see if there is anything you can do before Jan 15th to increase their predictions.

If not, then I would include RH in your choices anyway, you may still get an offer. If you don't, you could accept a lower offer for now and then look at RH through Adjustment if the course is available and you are eligible, (info here).

If you are not eligible for Adjustment, you can look at RH via Clearing. If they are asking for BBB I think there's a fair chance they will be, but it's a course specific thing.

Finally if all that fails but you achieve BBB anyway, you could take a gap year and apply with achieved grades next cycle.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dont apply to Uni this year.
Work your socks off to raise your grades.

In August when you get your Results, if you have the grades for RHUL then phone them for a Clearing place immediately.
If that isnt available then apply next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.52%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (845)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads