Brother involved with my friends

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I dont like it, it’s been happening for a bit of time now and I just want it to stop. I just enjoy going out with friends and just me. I keep having arguments with him about it. Obviously the passed few weeks we haven’t been going out but he messages them and goes on games with them so I want to speak to them but no he’s playing fifa with them or black ops. They are my friends from college and school so why can’t he talk to his friends from school or college. He doesn’t let me talk to his friends but when I am getting ready to go out he just gets ready as well and when I’m on the phone he comes interrupting me then takes over the conversation changing the subject. Sometimes I come out and he just is on games with them talking. It’s pretty much most days or the week they game and every time we went out when we could and he’s going to carry on when we are allowed out. I just hate it so much.
HannahTy6
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seems like your brother's a people person. I suggest you get used to it but don't let yourself be an outcast, accept the fact that your friends are friends with your brother too and get along with him. I don't know what's the relationship with you two but this is only my suggestion hehe
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HannahTy6)
Seems like your brother's a people person. I suggest you get used to it but don't let yourself be an outcast, accept the fact that your friends are friends with your brother too and get along with him. I don't know what's the relationship with you two but this is only my suggestion hehe
They are my friends from school not his
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That is weird. Are the friends boys, maybe your brother is over protective?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
That is weird. Are the friends boys, maybe your brother is over protective?
They are boys and so am I
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They are boys and so am I
Why don't you just join the games with him, and when you go out don't tell him you are going?
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I swear I’ve seen this thread before a couple of months ago :hmmmm:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Why don't you just join the games with him, and when you go out don't tell him you are going?
I just don’t want to
loginrunner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like your friends are genuinely friends with your brother too if they're gaming and talking all the time. You should just try to accept that your brother is part of your friendship group too and get along with him too.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well you need to get over the irrational jealously v quick or you'll have no friends and prob no brother.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by loginrunner)
It sounds like your friends are genuinely friends with your brother too if they're gaming and talking all the time. You should just try to accept that your brother is part of your friendship group too and get along with him too.
I don’t ****ing know
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Lmaoooo funniest post I’ve read😂😂
username5398218
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
I swear I’ve seen this thread before a couple of months ago :hmmmm:
i find lots of threads go round on a kind of rotation system chop
Anonymous #1
Lmaoooo funniest post I’ve read😂😂
Reported
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
Well you need to get over the irrational jealously v quick or you'll have no friends and prob no brother.
They are my friends though, also they are my age he should have his own friends
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can't own friends or claim exclusive rights, get over it. Throwing sulks will just illustrate to them than maybe yr bro is the mature one.
loginrunner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can't own your friends, and it's not even that uncommon to be friends with sibling's friends. My younger sister is in me and my friends' group chat, and my friend's brother is also.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Reported
Ooo I’m so scared of a report button
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
You can't own friends or claim exclusive rights, get over it. Throwing sulks will just illustrate to them than maybe yr bro is the mature one.
But I knew them in school for years, I grew up with them and my brother who went to another school just can’t come and take them off me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by loginrunner)
You can't own your friends, and it's not even that uncommon to be friends with sibling's friends. My younger sister is in me and my friends' group chat, and my friend's brother is also.
But I knew them in school for years, I grew up with them and my brother who went to another school just can’t come and take them off me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads