My friend is flirting with my crush

Watch
sourcorgi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
before this sounds petty, this friend tends to hook up with boys. A few months ago she hooked up with my friends unofficial boyfriend, which is why i don’t exactly think this is innocent flirting.

She knows i like this guy, and i’m kinda shy and the only single friend left, but everyone thinks me and this guy get along really well and keep saying we would be good together. It seemed like he was starting to like me and I was really excited too. She seems to support it too, but then she flirts with him so much, and clings to him every time we meet up on weekends. She forces herself onto him so much i think he’s starting to like her, and i’m like... crushed lol. When we were alone at a party everyone else left to give us space hoping moves could be made, but she wouldn’t leave it alone at all. I know she doesn’t like him, because my friends have asked several times. She just does it because she’s bored and likes male attention, as she even flirts with my friends boyfriend. I don’t want to confront her about it but I’m also so sad about the whole situation and the fact she’s doing this. Any advice?
_wdw0703_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sourcorgi)
before this sounds petty, this friend tends to hook up with boys. A few months ago she hooked up with my friends unofficial boyfriend, which is why i don’t exactly think this is innocent flirting.

She knows i like this guy, and i’m kinda shy and the only single friend left, but everyone thinks me and this guy get along really well and keep saying we would be good together. It seemed like he was starting to like me and I was really excited too. She seems to support it too, but then she flirts with him so much, and clings to him every time we meet up on weekends. She forces herself onto him so much i think he’s starting to like her, and i’m like... crushed lol. When we were alone at a party everyone else left to give us space hoping moves could be made, but she wouldn’t leave it alone at all. I know she doesn’t like him, because my friends have asked several times. She just does it because she’s bored and likes male attention, as she even flirts with my friends boyfriend. I don’t want to confront her about it but I’m also so sad about the whole situation and the fact she’s doing this. Any advice?
Have you thought about meeting up with him when she isn't there? x
sourcorgi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _wdw0703_)
Have you thought about meeting up with him when she isn't there? x
I would love to but we hang out as a big group, I cant just stop her from going (especially when she comes out every time, she’s in college so we’re the only time she goes out). She’s pretty much there every time we hang out
_wdw0703_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sourcorgi)
I would love to but we hang out as a big group, I cant just stop her from going (especially when she comes out every time, she’s in college so we’re the only time she goes out). She’s pretty much there every time we hang out
I guess that's difficult but maybe consider talking to him separately and see how he feels about going out alone with you x
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This sort of dating competition is common and unless she’s a good mate you can’t really call her out on it. You just need to press your case harder and think of some strategies to marginalise her influence. Perhaps invite him to something where she is definitely not invited. If he’s interested he’ll see though her blocking strategy and get with you.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ye your friends toxic. Known loads of girls like this. She's doing it on purpose because she can't stand not being the center of attention. It's probably going to happen with every new guy you like if you stay friends with her.
Last edited by ChickenMadness; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise