student4986
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I am studying History, English literature and Sociology A level.

I understand responses for potential interview for Cambridge don't come until late November which is why I have not done any proper preparation for it, since I might not even receive an interview.

However, my school had us complete a practise CLT 2 weeks ago and I scored 4/10 which is very weak. I was told a successful applicant would need to score 8 or 9/10 to be given an offer.

So, I wanted to ask, what way could I prepare for the CLT if I do manage to get an interview?

I also don't study Politics so my politics knowledge is limited, does anyone have any links to good explanations of basic politics knowledge to help as I know many CLT questions are politics or legal based.

Thanks.
alanmokrousov
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by student4986)
Hi,
I am studying History, English literature and Sociology A level.

I understand responses for potential interview for Cambridge don't come until late November which is why I have not done any proper preparation for it, since I might not even receive an interview.

However, my school had us complete a practise CLT 2 weeks ago and I scored 4/10 which is very weak. I was told a successful applicant would need to score 8 or 9/10 to be given an offer.

So, I wanted to ask, what way could I prepare for the CLT if I do manage to get an interview?

I also don't study Politics so my politics knowledge is limited, does anyone have any links to good explanations of basic politics knowledge to help as I know many CLT questions are politics or legal based.

Thanks.
The CLT doesn't require any prior legal knowledge or expect you to be a full-fledged politician.
If you are studying History and English you should be more than fine with understanding the structure of essays and having a reasonable vocabulary.
You are lucky enough to have your school give you practise tests, so you might as well treat them like the real thing and not justify having not done "any proper preparation" because you might not get an interview.
Since the topics of essays within the CLT vary heavily, you're better off being informed a little bit about everything, so reading the law section of whatever periodical you're into will probably solve that.
In regards to more specific preparation, there is a CLT guide on amazon that's pretty useful and concise:
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Camb.../dp/1912557045
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.73%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.36%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (63)
28.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed