The Student Room Group

What’s the difference between M7 and M8 for GCSE Maths?

My teacher has entered my class in for the M4 and M8 but originally we were meant to be in M7, she says difference is that with M8 it’s possible for me to get an A* instead of just an A. I’m not very good at Maths, and I’m aiming just to pass, maybe even a B. What’s the difference between both tests? If M7 is easier I’d rather go for that as its more or less impossible for me to get an A* in Maths.

Im in Northern Ireland so I’m following the CCEA Guidelines, not Ofqual or AQA or any other ones.
m7 and m8 both do higher tier so I dont think they're many differences
Reply 2
Original post by cmcguinness076
My teacher has entered my class in for the M4 and M8 but originally we were meant to be in M7, she says difference is that with M8 it’s possible for me to get an A* instead of just an A. I’m not very good at Maths, and I’m aiming just to pass, maybe even a B. What’s the difference between both tests? If M7 is easier I’d rather go for that as its more or less impossible for me to get an A* in Maths.

Im in Northern Ireland so I’m following the CCEA Guidelines, not Ofqual or AQA or any other ones.

I am also in northern ireland :smile: and the difference between an m7 and m8 exam is ; it takes less marks in the m8 to pass but it is slightly more difficult. The m7 exam may be easier but it requires more marks to pass

Quick Reply

Latest