Why are people so nasty towards Trump supporters?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Fruli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I follow American politics more closely than I do UK and I used to be a democrat supporter. Over the last few years I've come to prefer the Republicans and I get so much abuse from family and friends since I came out as a Republican and Trump supporter.

Why are people so hateful? The more they are rude, the more I move to the right.
Last edited by Fruli; 1 month ago
weightlifting98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Politics is very divided in the usa! thats not under your control, so its best not to worry about. its nobody elses business who you support anyway
username5447346
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
personally i dont agree w/ u but im not gunna hate u for it aha but i think that generally ppl hate Trump supporters bcuz the majority of em r white supremacists who hate everyone else (black ppl, asians, muslims, lgbtq+ ppl, etc etc) aha soooooo yh
i dont hate anyone for their political views tho - i wld only hate u if u attacked me for being who i am x
(but some ppl srsly hate Trump and Republicans as well soooooooo yh they might just hate u for that :/ )
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)
I follow American politics more closely than I do UK and I used to be a democrat supporter. Over the last few years I've come to prefer the Republicans and I get so much abuse from family and friends since I came out as a Republican and Trump supporter.

Why are people so hateful? The more they are rude, the more I move to the right.
Because, to most sane people, there's no logical reason why you'd support someone with as long a list of personality defects, character flaws, logical and political errors, legal miscalculations, incidents of proven cheating, and laundry list of bankruptcies and incompetencies.

Insulting you is, obviously, not what someone should do. But your guy loves doing it to everyone, so why not join in?

Surely you get the irony of disliking abuse and liking Trump who does nothing but abuse?

Supporting Republicanism. Fine. That's just a political point of view. No drama there. (Though the current GOP is too filled with schemers than people actually out to make the place better)
Last edited by Drewski; 1 month ago
username5447346
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
aha also just saying thats just my view n my take on it obvs i cant speak for everybody aha x but hopefully that makes sense to u lol
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I wouldn’t call myself nasty to trump supporters, I just happen to think the man is an imbecile who’s base are essentially a bunch of dense and vacuous idiots.
shak101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because Trump and his support base are not exactly civilized people. The right was not vilified like this when it had people of reasonable moral character such as John McCain...
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just look at the man...

In all seriousness, people who dislike Trump dislike him with a passion. He stands for and has said some pretty extreme things, to say you support those says a lot about you, for better or worse ( generally people would consider it the latter ).
StrangeBanana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)
The more they are rude, the more I move to the right.
"the more people call me out for supporting white supremacy, the more white supremacist I become"

ok have fun being a fascist
Last edited by StrangeBanana; 1 month ago
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StrangeBanana)
"the more people call me out for supporting white supremacy, the more white supremacist I become"

ok have fun being a fascist

"Supporting Trump" at this point is not a valid opinion and history will judge those who did in the same way we judge people who supported Mussolini
"I like the man who's always rude to everyone, but as soon as someone's rude to me I hate it"
Nsihikori Seiren
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)

Oh what a coincidence you kown, I live in Japan,and i m also a republican ,as well as center right and classical liberalisist,how similar we are,and also people among me make me so uncomfortable because of my political bias.
StrangeBanana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Drewski)
"I like the man who's always rude to everyone, but as soon as someone's rude to me I hate it"
it's probably a sock puppet tbh - don't think anyone is buying "but the far left!" as an excuse for voting republican this time around
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
after you define opinions that disagree with you as 'violence' a whole lot of nastiness is not only justified its encouraged.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Drewski)
"I respect an American president who sneaks into children's dressing rooms and tries to tongue his own daughter"
Dee-Emma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not going to be rude, because I'm not a rude person. But I am utterly bemused as to how anyone could find Donald Trump's politics, character and behaviour the least bit defensible. So I understand that others might respond a little more vigorously. Why and how can you support him?
StrangeBanana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
after you define opinions that disagree with you as 'violence' a whole lot of nastiness is not only justified its encouraged.
nastiness like this? https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ic-terror-2020

these people are OPENLY encouraged by Trump, there's not even a facade anymore

@mods lock this thread please
Last edited by StrangeBanana; 1 month ago
weightlifting98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
but biden was outright racist to blacks 'you ain't black.' i don't even like trump - but come on! they're both part of the same systematically racist system
weightlifting98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the far left are way weaker than the far right (and some deluded elements of the far left) think they are.
The far right is a lot stronger than the far right think they are .

(Original post by StrangeBanana)
nastiness like this? https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ic-terror-2020

these people are OPENLY encouraged by Trump, there's not even a facade anymore

@mods lock this thread please
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by weightlifting98)
but biden was outright racist to blacks 'you ain't black.' i don't even like trump - but come on! they're both part of the same systematically racist system
So your answer to "trump is bad" is "so is the other guy"?

Real productive.
Dee-Emma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by weightlifting98)
Indeed they are. And there's something rotten at the core of most governments. But Donald Trump places himself at the more extreme unpleasant end of the range. Just because a situation is bad gives little excuse to align with the worst end of it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads