Uber Gift Card not working

Watch
21ForEva
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So this has happened to me twice now. I'm in the checkout section and the gift card has clearly been selected in the order -- my order is over £25 (the gift card total) and I expect my debit card to only be charged the remaining amount after the gift card has been applied. But alas, I've been charged the full amount. Wtf?!

I tried emailing them but got an automatic reply saying that they aren't monitoring emails anymore. I rang their phone line and was stuck on the phone for 20mins listening to terrible hold music. And I messaged their FB page but I doubt this is the right place to raise a complaint and get my £25 back.

This is so ridiculous. I went to try and check out another order for a different restaurant and on the website double double checked that the gift card was selected and it always is.

Has anyone had this issue and overcome it? How do I get my money back?

Thanks
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 21ForEva)
So this has happened to me twice now. I'm in the checkout section and the gift card has clearly been selected in the order -- my order is over £25 (the gift card total) and I expect my debit card to only be charged the remaining amount after the gift card has been applied. But alas, I've been charged the full amount. Wtf?!

I tried emailing them but got an automatic reply saying that they aren't monitoring emails anymore. I rang their phone line and was stuck on the phone for 20mins listening to terrible hold music. And I messaged their FB page but I doubt this is the right place to raise a complaint and get my £25 back.

This is so ridiculous. I went to try and check out another order for a different restaurant and on the website double double checked that the gift card was selected and it always is.

Has anyone had this issue and overcome it? How do I get my money back?

Thanks
Have you checked out their website https://www.uber.com/legal/en/docume...ice%20to%20you.
Last edited by tbi_zlx; 4 weeks ago
21ForEva
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
Have you checked out their website https://www.uber.com/legal/en/docume...ice%20to%20you.
Yeah I tried to find some FAQ to help with my problem but alas, it wasn't very useful.
However something good happened about a few hours after I got my food - I checked my bank account and the total they have removed wasn't even on my online banking statement anymore :0 VERY WEIRD. Instead the next morning, I saw correct balance being taken from my bank account -- the total minus the £25 gift card. So maybe they calculate it late, like the next day? Still weird though. But I'm glad I got my money back.
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 21ForEva)
Yeah I tried to find some FAQ to help with my problem but alas, it wasn't very useful.
However something good happened about a few hours after I got my food - I checked my bank account and the total they have removed wasn't even on my online banking statement anymore :0 VERY WEIRD. Instead the next morning, I saw correct balance being taken from my bank account -- the total minus the £25 gift card. So maybe they calculate it late, like the next day? Still weird though. But I'm glad I got my money back.
Aha yeahhh maybe im not sure what even happened myself rn but thats probs the most likely case
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (557)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed