BVRAAM
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I have previously met the old national standard of a Grade C in English before the syllabus changed.... yes, I'm that old.

However, I am considering a career in the Royal Navy as a Commissioned Officer, and they require English and Maths GCSE Grades to be a Grade B/Grade 6 and above, in order to be considered as an Officer candidate.

The full course, I understand, is not free once you have achieved the national standard Grade C, which obviously is now Grade 4-5, so I am wondering whether I can take out a student loan to cover this, to allow me to retake it?

I understand the course is around £500, and that's not something I can pay upfront at this moment in time.

While I am here, are there other options to improve ones grade without taking the full course?

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me.
BVRAAM
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (614)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (763)
41.97%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (361)
19.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.4%

Watched Threads