Have you ever pretended to like a gift? How did you pretend?

Watch
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
go on
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
I have done this too many times. And, now I'm stuck with expensive things I hate. My own fault really.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one ever gift me anything so I wouldn't know :cry:

I assume it'd be the same as other "lying to be kind" sort of behaviour...
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nope, I'm not a liar.
username5447346
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh lol i just like fake smile and then cover my mouth n go omg u got me thissss ahhh i rlly wanted how did u knowwwwww??? n just be a lil suck up ahahah but i dont usually do that cuz i like most gifts - id only do it if it were a rlly sh*tty present lol n even then after the fake ty i change the subject asap n focus on summat else loool
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes. I hate chocolate, but my friend got me some one time for valentines day and I told her I loved it. Now each holiday she gets me some type of chocolate and I dont have the heart to tell her
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I never get gifts at this point I would be happy with any gift. I am very easy to buy gifts for I am very practical. You can't go wrong with foods as long as it is vegan.
Last edited by Anonymous1502; 1 month ago
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't think I've ever felt ungrateful for a gift lol.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
No one ever gift me anything so I wouldn't know :cry:

I assume it'd be the same as other "lying to be kind" sort of behaviour...
You've never gotten gifts for your birthday or christmas?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
You've never gotten gifts for your birthday or christmas?
I will now pretend that I have gotten gifts for birthday and Christmas... Yes of course I have! :yay:
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Nope, I'm not a liar.
So, you tell people you don't like their gifts?
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by M_Zara)
yh lol i just like fake smile and then cover my mouth n go omg u got me thissss ahhh i rlly wanted how did u knowwwwww??? n just be a lil suck up ahahah but i dont usually do that cuz i like most gifts - id only do it if it were a rlly sh*tty present lol n even then after the fake ty i change the subject asap n focus on summat else loool
I don't do all that, but I just say I like it and thank you. I've NEVER told anyone I didn't like their gift.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Yes. I hate chocolate, but my friend got me some one time for valentines day and I told her I loved it. Now each holiday she gets me some type of chocolate and I dont have the heart to tell her
I've done the same thing. I usually just give it to my friends or family.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
I will now pretend that I have gotten gifts for birthday and Christmas... Yes of course I have! :yay:
What?
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
I never get gifts at this point I would be happy with any gift. I am very easy to buy gifts for I am very practical. You can't go wrong with foods as long as it is vegan.
Haha same. I love food gifts! :perv:
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
Don't think I've ever felt ungrateful for a gift lol.
I don't mean be ungrateful, I just mean have you ever gotten a gift you feel you didn't want or need. Regardless I've always been grateful for that person thinking of me.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
many of times....

If someone gives you a gift it's kinda rude imo to say you don't like it....
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
many of times....

If someone gives you a gift it's kinda rude imo to say you don't like it....
I agree.
*****deadness
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've only gotten gifts from my parents (mostly dad), who is usually generous, and I was pretty appalled when I got sports headphones and a headphone case for my birthday one year. I already had headphones obviously and so those were rubbish to me tbh, but of course I went wow, and lied like how thoughtful of you or something.
I think whenever I don't appreciate a gift so I can't bear to say I've been wanting it since forever or whatnot, but need to appear to like it, I'd ask something relevant like were they expensive, why they chose it, how should I use it etc so I seem interested, or comment on something that stands out that would 'justify' my appreciation for the gift.
But really my parents (dad) don't really give me gifts anymore (well I'm 19), so sometimes they can just get away with like a new phone every few years, or just cash in a random card (oh boy)
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by *****deadness)
I've only gotten gifts from my parents (mostly dad), who is usually generous, and I was pretty appalled when I got sports headphones and a headphone case for my birthday one year. I already had headphones obviously and so those were rubbish to me tbh, but of course I went wow, and lied like how thoughtful of you or something.
I think whenever I don't appreciate a gift so I can't bear to say I've been wanting it since forever or whatnot, but need to appear to like it, I'd ask something relevant like were they expensive, why they chose it, how should I use it etc so I seem interested, or comment on something that stands out that would 'justify' my appreciation for the gift.
But really my parents (dad) don't really give me gifts anymore (well I'm 19), so sometimes they can just get away with like a new phone every few years, or just cash in a random card (oh boy)
That makes sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (17)
39.53%
No - I have already returned home (7)
16.28%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (8)
18.6%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (2)
4.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (9)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise