The Student Room Group

Boarding schools

I know everyone says they are filled with "posh snobs" but i would have loved to go to one... i always said that if i was a boy i wish i were sent to westminster but yeah i love them and if i have a kid thats where they would be sent lol not that particular school but any boarding school... its a whole new experience and i wish i had it

does anyone feel the same way

Scroll to see replies

I did for a while, then I thought 'Oh well..'. Also, would you like to always be surrounded by people? I don't know...
Don't remind me about boarding school. Just look at the academic info section of my profile. :frown:
I often see Harrow School pupils out and about and I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't go to a boarding school :yep:
Reply 4
It's really not all that great! Espeically an all girls boarding school.. imean yeah it can be fun sometimes but theres soo much bitching to contend with too, plus living & sharing a room with so many other people alll the time doesnt leave much privacy & theres really not all that much freedom either with it.. i much prefered my time at state college to boarding school!
Reply 5
Sick Puppy
I often see Harrow School pupils out and about and I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't go to a boarding school :yep:

ermmm ok i go to school round there too i see them everyday lol walking down with there straw hats and blazers and just think oooohhhh how i long to be like that

lol i guess you all think i am mad
MathsStudent
ermmm ok i go to school round there too i see them everyday lol walking down with there straw hats and blazers and just think oooohhhh how i long to be like that

lol i guess you all think i am mad

Haha nope I don't think you're mad. I used to think it was really cool but watching them in pubs asking the barman for "the local brew" in a posh voice cracks me up everytime :colondollar:
Mastermind`
Don't remind me about boarding school. Just look at the academic info section of my profile. :frown:

That's pretty harsh! They really made you do that?

I go to boarding school but am only a day boarder, so i go home at night etc. The school is so strict; it's awfull. Wish Id never picked this school for sixth form:frown:
Reply 8
Mastermind`

Seems like a sensible precaution to me. Can't have you sneaking out!
Im in Fettes right now, as a new pupil though and I cant say I love it, but i definately dont hate it. And it almost certainly is not filled with stuck up snobs, most of the people here hardly give a rats arse about how much money they have apart from a few *******s. But you get those everywhere I guess.
http://www.harrowschool.org.uk/html/meals.html << this page sums up everything I hate about the idea of going to a posh boarding school.

1. The little smarmy kid on the right hand side. He looks sooo middle class.
2. "Quench your thirst". Don't say that
3. Who has school meals with a 1st and 2nd entrée or home cooked meats?

Gah I just find everything about the Harrow School utterly irritating. The way it has different words for everything and it's own version of football. The hates, oh god the hats. Just purely irritating.

</ rant>
Reply 11
I was a day pupil at two boarding schools. Was always thankful I wasn't a boarder! :p:

I've always fancied Marlborough though, for some reason!
Reply 12
I can't remember the name of it, but a boarding school was mentioned here on TSR a long time ago, where the pupils have the ultimate control to do as they please, as long as they don't harm others.
I would love to send my children to that school.
Yeah, I would love to go to boarding school, but it's bit too late for that now...
cpj1987
I can't remember the name of it, but a boarding school was mentioned here on TSR a long time ago, where the pupils have the ultimate control to do as they please, as long as they don't harm others.
I would love to send my children to that school.

St Trinians? :yep:
Reply 15
Sick Puppy
St Trinians? :yep:

Haha, nope. :p:
cpj1987
Haha, nope. :p:

Ohhhhh! I wish I went to St Trinians!
Reply 17
i hated school so a boarding school would be complete hell
Reply 18
wawrwinka
iirc that's the same school that we were shown a video documentary about when I was back at school. I might be mistaken but I think there were pupils running around the school stark naked...

Apparently they did pretty well academically though.

Guessing you don't remember the name at all?

I was trying to Google it to post the link up, but that's not going too well without a name...and searching TSR for 'school' wouldn't get me very far. :p:
cpj1987
Guessing you don't remember the name at all?

I was trying to Google it to post the link up, but that's not going too well without a name...and searching TSR for 'school' wouldn't get me very far. :p:

I have no life so I did a search and found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalton_Plan which is basically the system where pupils rule the school but it doesn't say any uk ones!

Latest

Trending

Trending