astressystudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey there. I'm sorting out all of my notes during this extended break and I've now realised that I have no clue how to revise politics! My teacher is a bit scattered to begin with, and as someone who really needs structure, that isn't the best, but I figured I could just put in extra work and come out with the A I'm hoping for.
Only now, I'm realising I don't know how to put in that extra work. Did anyone do Politics for AS/A-level (preferably CCEA) and know how I can structure myself and how to get ahead with revision?
nultayy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ok so i do aqa politics but anyways i think one of the best things for you to do is phrase all of your notes as questions. like idk what topics you do but here's how i'd set some of mine out:

what is the importance of judicial review?
- reason 1
- evidence
- reason 2
- evidence
etc

why do some say that the president is less powerful than the prime minister?
- reason 1
- evidence
- reason 2
- evidence
etc

it helps you once it comes to writing essays, which will most often than not use a question word such as "how" or "to what extent".

hope this helps!
astressystudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by nultayy)
ok so i do aqa politics but anyways i think one of the best things for you to do is phrase all of your notes as questions. like idk what topics you do but here's how i'd set some of mine out:

what is the importance of judicial review?
- reason 1
- evidence
- reason 2
- evidence
etc

why do some say that the president is less powerful than the prime minister?
- reason 1
- evidence
- reason 2
- evidence
etc

it helps you once it comes to writing essays, which will most often than not use a question word such as "how" or "to what extent".

hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I'll definitely try this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
29.28%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.71%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
23.2%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.84%
No - I live at home during term anyway (47)
25.97%

Watched Threads