Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have taken advanced physics courses since January 2020, and some of the content is similar to M2. I still kept some notes on mechanics and I think they will assist me for M2. I have enrolled for M1 in January 2021, after a 2-month self study. I think I am going to use three months to self teach M2 if I take the exam, which can also act as an insurance to S1 as the exam yesterday went very badly.
Do you think I can take M2 instead of retaking S1?
*****deadness
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're awful at statistics then go for it. Someone in my class just started M2 and the school isn't teaching it until a while later. I think I also did it in just a couple months, after dropping out of physics, and I also had FP2, S3 and Chemistry 4 to do
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by *****deadness)
If you're awful at statistics then go for it. Someone in my class just started M2 and the school isn't teaching it until a while later. I think I also did it in just a couple months, after dropping out of physics, and I also had FP2, S3 and Chemistry 4 to do
I am quite worried that I may receive an awful ums mark for S1 based on the paper yesterday. It was quite difficult. So, should I retake the module or take M2?
*****deadness
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well it depends on whether you're done with statistics. If you do Further Maths you need S1, so you should retake it and hold off M2 if S1 is too much work, but if you only do single maths and just need 2 modules then if you hate statistics enough and feel great about mechanics in general it's not a bad idea. If you did well in M1 and your AS physics you'll do great
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Name:  IMG_20201031_113002.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  95.1 KB
Is this similar to M2 projectiles? I am now considering M2, and I have to enrol for June exams very soon. I am doing single maths.
lokamakthyve
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 8013)
Name:  IMG_20201031_113002.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  95.1 KB
Is this similar to M2 projectiles? I am now considering M2, and I have to enrol for June exams very soon. I am doing single maths.
M2 includes projectile motion which is the same as you shown but it only accounts for one question in M2.

There are also many other contents in M2 which are very similar to physics mechanics. But there are two topics I can figure out that are not covered in physics, restitution and gravity centre for laminar, but in two months self study, I am sure you can grasp them.

Good luck anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads