hootdoot04
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hello TSR ! my college is making people apply for work experience! As I am looking to do something relating to Spanish, as I'm wanting to become a MFL teacher. I can't apply for schools because I'd need a DBS check etc, any suggestions would be grateful! xx
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't need 'work experience' for a languages degree.
If you want to be a teacher, any work-ex that gets you experience of dealing with people - even a Charity Shop would be good experience.

You will need it for application to PGCE or whatever, but that is 4 years away.
For that, I recommend - https://www.campamerica.co.uk - a Spanish speaking camp once you are 18.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hootdoot04)
hello TSR ! my college is making people apply for work experience! As I am looking to do something relating to Spanish, as I'm wanting to become a MFL teacher. I can't apply for schools because I'd need a DBS check etc, any suggestions would be grateful! xx
I did work experience in year 12 last year two weeks before schools closed (so i was lucky, as i could add it to my personal statement).

Due to the current situation, it will be much harder to find a placement, if I were u I would try and negotiate with the MFL department at ur school if they could set up something for you where you work with them as part of ur work experience.

Also other schools wont accept you as you will be breaching the bubble rule to do with schools (Technically ur outside another school bubble so if u went to another school to do work experience and then returned back to your school, u would be breaching the bubble)
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by CurryCurry2468)
I did work experience in year 12 last year two weeks before schools closed (so i was lucky, as i could add it to my personal statement).

Due to the current situation, it will be much harder to find a placement, if I were u I would try and negotiate with the MFL department at ur school if they could set up something for you where you work with them as part of ur work experience.

Also other schools wont accept you as you will be breaching the bubble rule to do with schools (Technically ur outside another school bubble so if u went to another school to do work experience and then returned back to your school, u would be breaching the bubble)
I was told that if I went to a school, I'd need a DBS check
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was told that if I went to a school, I'd need a DBS check
Yes everyone needs that if they are gonna work ina school cuz u are working with kids
hootdoot04
Rep:
?
(Original post by CurryCurry2468)
Yes everyone needs that if they are gonna work ina school cuz u are working with kids
D'ya need to be 18 to apply for one?
CaramelCamel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
D'ya need to be 18 to apply for one?
Hi, you can get a DBS check from age 16. It can be quite hard to get all the ID you need though (3 things).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.29%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.55%

Watched Threads