max_qm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey TSR so I wanted some advice for choosing a-levels, so I’m in year 11 and I’ve found the ideal career path for me which would be being in Marketing, so preform quite well in business and have a genuine interest for it so in Uni i’ll probably take Bsc Marketing. I’m thinking of doing obviously business,maths and economics at a level. Are these good choices, will they get me into the course I want ? Would there be any better options? Also any general tips for pursuing Marketing as a career?
MindMax2000
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'd say your A Level choices are good. Having said that, it will depend more on what the university is asking from you than what the choices are. As far as I know, most universities don't specify what A Level subjects you need to do a degree in marketing, but you might want to check with your ideal choices for uni.

I wouldn't mind saying that Psychology would be of help, but I am not sure if it's too academic for marketing.

I don't think you need to know that much maths, unless you're doing a lot of stats (i.e. AS Level should be fine). I haven't seen a lot of maths used in marketing in practice.

Business should be ideal, and economics is good.

After your BSc, you might also want to check out the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). I'm looking into it for the digital marketing diploma at Level 6.
max_qm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thanks mate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (226)
55.67%
I don't have everything I need (180)
44.33%

Watched Threads