Uni is really hard and I feel so stupid.

Watch
san_cisco
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I hate uni so much. I just feel like I know nothing. I don't even have any mates at uni to even talk to about it since I'm still at home. I just feel really overwhelmed by the complexity of the work.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Remember when teachers said A levels are harder than uni and our life would be easier in uni? same
JeanMilburn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by san_cisco)
I hate uni so much. I just feel like I know nothing. I don't even have any mates at uni to even talk to about it since I'm still at home. I just feel really overwhelmed by the complexity of the work.
Uni is a massive leap from A Levels - I panicked so much when I started first year at the work load, reading lists and expectations. But, you will get used to it and it will become natural. Try and build a good relationship with your lecturers - participate in seminars, answer questions and ask a lot of questions. Don't be afraid to email your lecturers or tutor with any worries, they prefer students that are engaged rather than those that act like they don't care. Can you join any course group chats that may help you make friends? Most unis should have these, and you should be able to make friends! It doesn't hurt to send someone the first message - a lot of people will be in the same situation as you so will be just as nervous. The first term at uni is the hardest, but if you stick to it it will be very rewarding! however, if uni just sent for you then don't force yourself to continue with something that is negatively affecting you - uni isn't the best option for everyone. Good luck!

Sophie - Official Student Rep
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by san_cisco)
Hey san_cisco,

University can be a jump from A-levels. Firstly, I would say have a look to see if your first year affects your degree classification. If it doesn't this should hopefully take some of the pressure off whilst you adapt to the learning style and you find out how to structure your days. I would also recommend speaking to your tutor. Your worries are completely normal and talking through with your tutor about the work and maybe creating a plan about how you will structure your day might help?

Speaking to the years above can also be really useful as they can tell you what is important and what you should focus on etc.

Hope this helps and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!😊
From,

Amina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (728)
41.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads