Covid making my autism and poor social skills worse.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any autistics here.

I'm very tempted to apply for disability allowance as i have no friends and i don't know why i'm studying a masters, and i can't get a job.

No point being employed if covid is here to stay. No point getting employed if social skills has gotten worse.

Anyone feel the same. I never ever wanted to do a masters, i just applied in panic because i couldn't get a graduate job and i'm realising more of my social awkardness that i felt a decade ago.

Introvertism, depression and anxiety is hellish with autism.

Also randomly: when do you think you should move out of your parents house if your autistic? :confused: i'm in my mid 20s nearing 30s now... and my family thinks i hate them.
janiylahenkins13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey this is me janiylajenkins13 inst
Anonymous #1
(Original post by janiylahenkins13)
hey this is me janiylajenkins13 inst
???

Don’t think this is allowed here
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I have adhd not autism but also doing a masters and have bad social skills/anxiety, and definitely struggling at home... I think you should apply for the disabled allowance. I am considering it but dont really qualify.

Have you tried meeting people to chat/speak to online to stay familiar with it all?

I don't think there is a time you should be out by at all, autism or not. Of course some parents want their kids out early, and young people should become independent eventually, but families are all different. If your parents are happy to have you there and you're already challenging yourself to keep growing (masters for example), especially if you have something that makes life more difficult (a disability for example) I don't think it's bad to be at home. Especially during the pandemic.

Do you mind being at home?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I have adhd not autism but also doing a masters and have bad social skills/anxiety, and definitely struggling at home... I think you should apply for the disabled allowance. I am considering it but dont really qualify.

Have you tried meeting people to chat/speak to online to stay familiar with it all?

I don't think there is a time you should be out by at all, autism or not. Of course some parents want their kids out early, and young people should become independent eventually, but families are all different. If your parents are happy to have you there and you're already challenging yourself to keep growing (masters for example), especially if you have something that makes life more difficult (a disability for example) I don't think it's bad to be at home. Especially during the pandemic.

Do you mind being at home?
I hate being at home. My family keeps mocking me rather than being realistic about my disability. It also doesn’t help because I don’t really do nothing in the house and I’m often in my room which isn’t normal for any family.

I asked the question of moving out because I just don’t feel comfortable at home anymore and I just don’t know what to do about that

I’m also probably gonna drop out of the masters course, it’s not the people but I’m just very socially awkward and it hurts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.57%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (832)
42.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.44%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.54%

Watched Threads