Depression & anxiety

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, so it’s that time of year when I start going downhill again. My mental health is ****. I just feel so crap. It’s when it goes dark earlier & we have to think about xmas & buying gifts for people & thinking what you want as a gift etc. Also this year with Covid, I don’t know if my family are going to be able to meet up with me.

I’ve started going to bed really late, like 2-3am, sometimes later, and then lying in til mid to late afternoon. It’s now nearly 4pm & I’m still in bed. I’m feeling depressed but also anxious. When I think about reaching out to people, I feel like I’m going to be wasting their time etc. But I need to, I want to. I’m at Level 5 at uni. Luckily my assignments aren’t due til next year & I’m part time which helps so much! I just don’t know what to do. Well, obviously I do. I just hate this time of year & wished I had someone in person who I could speak to & they'd understand & respond in a way that made me feel safe & secure.

Thanks for reading. x
lifewithnatz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, so it’s that time of year when I start going downhill again. My mental health is ****. I just feel so crap. It’s when it goes dark earlier & we have to think about xmas & buying gifts for people & thinking what you want as a gift etc. Also this year with Covid, I don’t know if my family are going to be able to meet up with me.

I’ve started going to bed really late, like 2-3am, sometimes later, and then lying in til mid to late afternoon. It’s now nearly 4pm & I’m still in bed. I’m feeling depressed but also anxious. When I think about reaching out to people, I feel like I’m going to be wasting their time etc. But I need to, I want to. I’m at Level 5 at uni. Luckily my assignments aren’t due til next year & I’m part time which helps so much! I just don’t know what to do. Well, obviously I do. I just hate this time of year & wished I had someone in person who I could speak to & they'd understand & respond in a way that made me feel safe & secure.

Thanks for reading. x
Heyy
I just want to say you are not alone.You are important and you are loved. This is a really difficult time for the whole world and feeling lost and alone and more anxious and more depressed is quite normal giving the circumstances and all the bad news on tv every day. My advice would be to reach out to your family or close friends and don't feel awkward, talk talk talk about how you are feeling. Your feelings matter and are valid.

Reading a good book, bubble bath and bit of pamper/self care time is always pleasant. I hope this helps and stay safe x Natalie x
rosiemang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I’m not in 2nd year but I’ve experienced what you’re going through rn a while ago and I could give you some tips to help with that if you’d like. Dm me if you’re interested 💗
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads