Looking for Level 5 (year 2) Biomed/Microbiology, notes, revision of these topics

Watch
TheKitty.x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for Level 5, notes, revision of these topics. Please do send me, would be a great help xx

1)The structure of microorganisms.
2)Factors affecting bacterial growth
3)Bacterial metabolism: aerobic respiration; fermentation; anaerobic respiration; glyoxylate cycle.
4)Safety and ethical issues in Microbiology and Biotechnology
5)Genetically engineered microorganisms
6)Principles of microbial growth applied to Biotechnology
7)Factors affecting microbial growth
8)Fermentation technology
9)Biotechnology and medicine
10)Biotechnology and food industry
Last edited by TheKitty.x; 4 weeks ago
siarc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello!

Is this for a university course? I would highly recommend modern up to date (ish, not the expensive current iterations) text books. The synopsis in each chapter will provide the notes you're after. Further, they'll be the recommended ones from your tutors and will cover exactly what they'll test you on.

Failing that, I'd recommend Brock Biology of Microorganisms (https://www.abebooks.co.uk/Brock-Bio...BoCcqcQAvD_BwE)

That should cover what you're after.

Asking for notes is a bit redundant because at level 5 everything is pretty bespoke. I could give you a full lecture on Microbial Growth within the Biotech industry, and it wouldn't necessarily touch upon what your tutors will ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.29%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (687)
41.19%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads