Moralleegrace
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
okay so I am predicted ABB but want to apply to york university for psychology. they want AAA. if i get really good grades, could i apply through clearing without it affecting other university acceptances?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Only if they have places left. They may not - so that plan is very risky.
A better idea is - dont apply this year, work your socks off this year to get the best possible grades you can, then apply next year with known grades.

Guide to Clearing : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...on-to-clearing
How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Moralleegrace)
...could i apply through clearing without it affecting other university acceptances?
In addition to the above, you are only eligible for UCAS Clearing if you don't hold any offers. So you may need to decline them on Results Day - it's going to be risky.

York is a good uni, but I don't know how many of their courses enter Clearing. Have you looked earlier?
Moralleegrace
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
In addition to the above, you are only eligible for UCAS Clearing if you don't hold any offers. So you may need to decline them on Results Day - it's going to be risky.

York is a good uni, but I don't know how many of their courses enter Clearing. Have you looked earlier?
thank you and no I haven't looked. I'm not sure where to find it
Moralleegrace
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Only if they have places left. They may not - so that plan is very risky.
A better idea is - dont apply this year, work your socks off this year to get the best possible grades you can, then apply next year with known grades.

Guide to Clearing : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...on-to-clearing
How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
thank you I might consider doing that
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thank you and no I haven't looked. I'm not sure where to find it
You won't find it now. Clearing 2020 has ended 3 days ago and most courses would have been filled by mid October.

Should have had a look back in August!
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
okay so I am predicted ABB but want to apply to york university for psychology. they want AAA. if i get really good grades, could i apply through clearing without it affecting other university acceptances?
You need to look up UCAS Adjustment.
Moralleegrace
Rep:
?
thanks
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Another tactic you could consider is to apply to York anyway. You may get an offer at AAA and then you could have an Insurance choice at ABB.

But I wouldn't do that unless realistically you believe that you could achieve As in all your subjects.
Moralleegrace
Rep:
?
thank you I might do that and try and work harder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (63)
27.75%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.01%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.03%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.25%
No - I live at home during term anyway (68)
29.96%

Watched Threads