Bio and chem practice questions

Watch
Ileenileen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

So with 2 months before my biology and chemistry igcse exams, I was wondering if I should go through questions from the textbook alongside past papers or would it be enough to do just past paper questions? Would the textbook questions help me achieve grade 9s?

Valeriex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In my opinion, it will be best to do past paper questions so you get used to the style of answering the questions (make sure you understand and have learned the content before you start- you don't need to be perfect and have everything memorised but at least have the basics memorised) good luck!
Ileenileen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Valeriex)
In my opinion, it will be best to do past paper questions so you get used to the style of answering the questions (make sure you understand and have learned the content before you start- you don't need to be perfect and have everything memorised but at least have the basics memorised) good luck!
Thank you! By the way, do you mean do separate topic questions or full papers? and do you think I should repeat these past papers?
Valeriex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ileenileen)
Thank you! By the way, do you mean do separate topic questions or full papers? and do you think I should repeat these past papers?
Well if you are wanting to revise a topic then do topic questions, however I would maybe try and save 1 paper where you haven't done any of the questions and do that later as like a good test (maybe the most recent one?). I'm not sure how many past papers you have, but if you have loads I'd just do full papers, but if you only have like 5 I'd be a little more selective. Hope that makes sense
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (549)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (665)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.52%

Watched Threads