Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had a place confirmed at UCL to study this year but I had to put off enrolment because I wasn't sure I would have funding, I was in constant contact with them telling them I am waiting for SFE to confirm I would receive a tuition fee loan, finally I received this confirmation yesterday and tried to enrol today. The tutor I am speaking to has said it's no longer possible as I didn't inform them of the issue but I was doing so constantly, I am now no longer receiving and am desperate to attend this academic year.
Anonymous #1
I am thinking about emailing my programme director as opposed to the programme manager I am currently speaking to.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am thinking about emailing my programme director as opposed to the programme manager I am currently speaking to.
i would try email the head of the course, faculty and anyone who would listen. dont give up
Anonymous #1
i would try email the head of the course, faculty and anyone who would listen. dont give up
I am currently speaking to the manager but I was in a very difficult position where if I enrolled and didn't receive the loan I would not be able to pay it leaving me in a very difficult position. I will not be able to attend if it is next year, I don't understand how up until last Friday the person I am speaking to was okay with me enrolling but since Wednesday the same person has said no. I understand I have missed 2-3 weeks of teaching but labs are cancelled and I would be working from home regardless. I'm assuming they can allow late enrolments because they are saying they weren't fully aware of the situation at the time
Anonymous #1
I am currently speaking to the manager but I was in a very difficult position where if I enrolled and didn't receive the loan I would not be able to pay it leaving me in a very difficult position. I will not be able to attend if it is next year, I don't understand how up until last Friday the person I am speaking to was okay with me enrolling but since Wednesday the same person has said no. I understand I have missed 2-3 weeks of teaching but labs are cancelled and I would be working from home regardless. I'm assuming they can allow late enrolments because they are saying they weren't fully aware of the situation at the time
Is there any student there that has heard of anything like this?
Anonymous #1
I don't know if there's any point in emailing the director because I'm assuming they will agree with whatever the programme manager has said
Anonymous #1
bump
tereza6758
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When did you send your student loan application and when did they approve it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tereza6758)
When did you send your student loan application and when did they approve it?
I was applying for an extra year of funding around 5 weeks ago
tereza6758
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was applying for an extra year of funding around 5 weeks ago
Why an extra year? Are you transferring or doing masters?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tereza6758)
Why an extra year? Are you transferring or doing masters?
transferring
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (67)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.98%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.49%

Watched Threads