Report Thread starter 1 month ago
xx
Last edited by ellawhite3006; 1 week ago
dragon disguised
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does your basic contract state what department you are in? If so I suggest when you go in and ask to speak to one of the managers for the department when you go in.
If it doesn't, and you can't get a hold of anyone, it might be worth going in on Sunday at the time listed on your rota through the staff entrance. You should then speak to the security/reception staff who are manning the staff entrance (at least they were at my old JL) and they should be able to call someone down to meet you.
The dress code is a lot more casual (you can wear solid black jeans) than it used to be, but stick to black and white smart wear to be sure, at least for your first day, hopefully it will be an induction day anyway.
ellawhite3006
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by dragon disguised)
Does your basic contract state what department you are in? If so I suggest when you go in and ask to speak to one of the managers for the department when you go in.
If it doesn't, and you can't get a hold of anyone, it might be worth going in on Sunday at the time listed on your rota through the staff entrance. You should then speak to the security/reception staff who are manning the staff entrance (at least they were at my old JL) and they should be able to call someone down to meet you.
The dress code is a lot more casual (you can wear solid black jeans) than it used to be, but stick to black and white smart wear to be sure, at least for your first day, hopefully it will be an induction day anyway.
great thankyou! i havent been given a department so just going to ask someone who looks managerial when i go in, but i rang up again this morning to john lewis in general (not my store but the resourcing services) and basically just made me more confused the woman on the phone basically knew nothing and was just listing random days for me that im apparently starting on when thats not what ive been put on the rota for. im going in in an hour or so, so thankyou!!
Last edited by ellawhite3006; 1 month ago
dragon disguised
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're welcome! Good luck!
milly123a
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ellawhite3006)
great thankyou! i havent been given a department so just going to ask someone who looks managerial when i go in, but i rang up again this morning to john lewis in general (not my store but the resourcing services) and basically just made me more confused the woman on the phone basically knew nothing and was just listing random days for me that im apparently starting on when thats not what ive been put on the rota for. im going in in an hour or so, so thankyou!!
Hey I have an interview for a Christmas temp job soon and have no idea what to expect? How was it with covid rules and what did you do
ellawhite3006
Rep:
?
(Original post by milly123a)
Hey I have an interview for a Christmas temp job soon and have no idea what to expect? How was it with covid rules and what did you do
for john lewis? it was a group interview and we sat in groups of four (there were two groups) and there were two advisors with us - we were given a booklet with scenarios and given a set amount of time to make notes on what to do. we were then given time to discuss in the group with the advisors listening to us and writing notes about us - then after they asked us a few questions then we were given a written task then we could leave - no individual interview but it was exactly the same as pre covid just with masks
ellawhite3006
Rep:
?
(Original post by milly123a)
for john lewis? it was a group interview and we sat in groups of four (there were two groups) and there were two advisors with us - we were given a booklet with scenarios and given a set amount of time to make notes on what to do. we were then given time to discuss in the group with the advisors listening to us and writing notes about us - then after they asked us a few questions then we were given a written task then we could leave - no individual interview but it was exactly the same as pre covid just with masks
oh and then i got an email offering me the job just over 2 weeks (19 days) later
milly123a
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh and then i got an email offering me the job just over 2 weeks (19 days) later
Thankyou so much !
ellawhite3006
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dragon disguised)
my first day is tomorrow and im going to just wear black trousers and a black long sleeve top however ive also bought a navy blue, like a forest green and a mint green colour long sleeve top - are these acceptable?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.29%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (68)
19.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
28.86%

Watched Threads