FatmaR:)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey,
So I was wondering how many hours should I revise for my mocks in November after the half term? I'm one of those people who get way too stressed out and I'm currently doing 8 hours. However I don't think this is enough should I increase it or is it ok? Also can someone give me some good tips for revision?
Thanks in advance if you reply
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At least five
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
At least five
Thank you.
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FatmaR:))
Hey,
So I was wondering how many hours should I revise for my mocks in November after the half term? I'm one of those people who get way too stressed out and I'm currently doing 8 hours. However I don't think this is enough should I increase it or is it ok? Also can someone give me some good tips for revision?
Thanks in advance if you reply
WOW that is so much. If anything I would decrease it as if you do too much you run the risk of losing motivation and/or burning out. Apart from that, practice questions are the way to go for sciences or maths (for science flashcards are amazing as well, especially for physics formulae and equations such as that for photosynthesis, etc.). I don't know what other subjects you do so if you say- i could probs give u more advice if u want xx
hope this helps and good luck! x
Rep:
?
(Original post by isobeln)
WOW that is so much. If anything I would decrease it as if you do too much you run the risk of losing motivation and/or burning out. Apart from that, practice questions are the way to go for sciences or maths (for science flashcards are amazing as well, especially for physics formulae and equations such as that for photosynthesis, etc.). I don't know what other subjects you do so if you say- i could probs give u more advice if u want xx
hope this helps and good luck! x
Really? I thought I was under revising but thank you!! 😊
I do religious studies, English Lang and lit, history, maths (higher), and french.
xxarooj786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do religious studies, English Lang and lit, history, maths (higher), and french.
For french, make sure to learn the adjectives AND the tenses because the different tenses get you marks in the 90 words task (there's always a past tense and a future tense bullet point). For history, KNOW THE CONTENT!! Have some facts and knowledge up your sleeve, because knowledge is very important. If you don't know the content, you will struggle with the exams.

For religious studies, use flashcards for the quotes from the 2 religions you're doing and the themes. Once again, know the content! For maths, remember equations and methods. They're very helpful! Also, remember the circle theorems and SOH CAH TOA, as well as Pythagoras. Remember the equations for area of shapes too.

For English lit, know the themes from the plays/texts and have a couple of quotes memorised for each of them as well as each character. I'm doing the mocks in November too and I'm so nervous. Good luck!
xxarooj786
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For french, make sure to learn the adjectives AND the tenses because the different tenses get you marks in the 90 words task (there's always a past and a future tense bullet point). For history, have some facts and knowledge, because knowledge is very important. If you don't know the content also, you'll struggle with the exams.

For religious studies, use flashcards for the quotes from the 2 religions you're doing and the themes. Once again, know the content! For maths, remember equations and methods. They're very helpful! Also, remember the circle theorems and SOH CAH TOA, as well as Pythagoras. Remember the equations for the area of shapes too.

For English lit, know the themes from the plays/texts and have a couple of quotes memorised for each of them as well as each character. I'm doing the mocks in November too and I'm so nervous. Good luck!
xxarooj786
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For french, make sure to learn the adjectives AND the tenses because the different tenses get you marks in the 90 words task (there's always a past and a future tense bullet point). For history, have some facts and knowledge, because knowledge is very important. If you don't know the content also, you'll struggle with the exams.

For religious studies, use flashcards for the quotes from the 2 religions you're doing and the themes. Once again, know the content! For maths, remember equations and methods. They're very helpful! Remember the equations for the area of shapes too.

Rep:
?
(Original post by xxarooj786)

For religious studies, use flashcards for the quotes from the 2 religions you're doing and the themes. Once again, know the content! For maths, remember equations and methods. They're very helpful! Remember the equations for the area of shapes too.

Thank you this is very helpful!!
xxarooj786
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you this is very helpful!!
No problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads